Anyone Watch "Live PD"?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Anyone Watch "Live PD"?

Post by Abraham »

If not, take the time. (I recommend recording it in order to fast forward through the commercials)

The various interactions between law enforcement and the public will provide a much greater appreciation for what L.E. has to endure from petty to major criminals.

This is a much better documentary type program (my opinion) than "Cops".

After watching a few these episodes you'll wonder how any of these folks can endure the job.

They aren't paid nearly enough and I'm not simply addressing the danger they face.

The guff and sheer stupidity from criminals would drive me over the edge.

My hats off to all Law Enforcement.

Not only does "Live PD" provide insight into what they have to go through, their professionalism is outstanding and a wonder to behold!

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Anyone Watch "Live PD"?

Post by RPBrown »

We watch it every weekend. We actually do record it just for the reason you stated. You have to laugh at some of the people they run across. Looks like they are straight out of some of the Walmart pictures you see on line. There is one small female officer I think in N.C or IND. that is cute as can be and tough as nails. Watched her take down a guy half again as large as she is.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Officer Loeb.

My favorite.

She's also a lawyer, but stated she didn't like office work.

Her smile is dynamite.

She reminds me of my youngest Granddaughter.

That entire show is full of tough, smart female cops.

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pariah3j »

They do seem to follow alot of female officers on that show. My wife just commented on that fact the other day when we were sitting around watching re-run/re-airs of the episodes. Not a bad show, they appear to have picked the cream of the crop of officers to follow - which is good. Shows what good police work looks like as opposed to the number of bad apples that seem to be making it through the hiring process these days.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I just went to set it up to record and each episode is 3 hours. Is that correct?
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

I enjoy Officer Leverett and his K9 Flex. It's amazing how he gets people to admit their lies in a cool and calm manner. I also enjoy counting how many times officers from all jurisdictions use the phrase "real quick." "Step out of the car, real quick." Come over here, real quick." You mind if I search your car real quick." etc., etc. Can't stop myself from keeping count :lol: Also can't believe how many folks are driving around with no valid license or insurance or vehicle registration. I also enjoy it when the suspect says, "its not mine," or "these are not my pants." They have picked some very competent officers to follow.

b4aftr

Post by b4aftr »

Seeing Flex work makes me want a Dutch Shephard.

Wife loves it and the teenagers are coming around. We tell them all the time, “act stupid, this is what happens”.

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Wife and I watch it every Friday and Saturday night.
Borrowed my brothers old truck and checked the license plate lights, they were out.
So I replaced the bulbs.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

magillapd

Post by magillapd »

Great Show
“I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
NRA- Life member :patriot:
TSRA - Conditional Life Member :txflag:

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

I'm not much of a TV person, but my wife watches it and, consequently, I catch it now and again. I would not want to deal with what those officers have to deal with. Heck, last night I watched as a guy who was only going to get a citation actually talk himself into going to jail! Talk about an ID10T error!

BTW, RPBrown, is that a Road King in your avatar?

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

I like how the cops always know who's "riding dirty". And the reasons to pull them over are hilarious.... License plate light not working, didn't signal for 2 sec before a lane change, riding a bicycle without a light,.... Then, no matter what reason for the stop, the idiot has two warrants, a 5 time suspended license from American Samoa, dope smoke rolling out of the window like Jeff Spiccoli's van in Fast Times, and the guy has 4 "sharps" and a glass tube with steel wool and meth residue along with a receipt for 25 boxes of Sudafed...

Next up on....Live PD....Sean "Sticks" Larkin of the OKC PD Gang unit explains why having a tattoo of MS-13 on your neck and tear drop tats under your eyes lead police to be suspicious of your 5 year expired tags and insurance in your cousin's girlfriends' sisters name.....right before a commercial with Shaq for American General INsurance "GO TO THE GENERAL AND SAVE SOME TIME!!!!

:smilelol5:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

ScottDLS wrote:I like how the cops always know who's "riding dirty". And the reasons to pull them over are hilarious.... License plate light not working, didn't signal for 2 sec before a lane change, riding a bicycle without a light,.... Then, no matter what reason for the stop, the idiot has two warrants, a 5 time suspended license from American Samoa, dope smoke rolling out of the window like Jeff Spiccoli's van in Fast Times, and the guy has 4 "sharps" and a glass tube with steel wool and meth residue along with a receipt for 25 boxes of Sudafed...

Next up on....Live PD....Sean "Sticks" Larkin of the OKC PD Gang unit explains why having a tattoo of MS-13 on your neck and tear drop tats under your eyes lead police to be suspicious of your 5 year expired tags and insurance in your cousin's girlfriends' sisters name.....right before a commercial with Shaq for American General INsurance "GO TO THE GENERAL AND SAVE SOME TIME!!!!

:smilelol5:
Wow! Seriously???? In the 3 to 5 episodes I've seen, I did think it was odd the number of times I heard the officer say "I can smell dope/weed/pot". Seemed like that was a fairly standard (or at least common) "reason" to pull them out of the car and go fishing.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

RottenApple wrote:
BTW, RPBrown, is that a Road King in your avatar?
Same frame, it's an Ultra Classic or as my wife says, sofa on wheels
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

RPBrown wrote:Same frame, it's an Ultra Classic or as my wife says, sofa on wheels
Ain't a thing wrong with that. You got a good looking Lady there. I've got a 2003 Hd Road King 100 Anniversary Police Edition. Got a few things I want to do to her, but she's a beast on the streets.

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Idiots smoking weed while driving is so common they mostly just write a citation if that's all the morons are doing. Of course, if they find heroin/meth etc., then off they go 'wearing steel bracelets' to the hoosegow. Right where they belong.

On one of the shows they said weed smoking while driving or in general is so common, if they hauled every pot head to jail they'd have no time left for anything else. It's everywhere and apparently now considered a rather minor crime, unless you're also drunk and/or taking serious dope.

And yes, I think if a car/driver looks suspicious some very minor (but legitimate) traffic violation does give L.E. a right to pull a possible criminal over...and I for one am glad they do it.

Some of these characters turn out to be wanted or so drunk they could kill...me. Or you and your family.

Return to “Off-Topic”