What was your very best Christmas Gun Wise?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What was your very best Christmas Gun Wise?

Post by The Annoyed Man »

6 or 7 years ago, I gave my son a M1A for Christmas. A year or two after that, he gave me a beautiful little 1943 Inland M1 Carbine. He’s a good boy.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Steamboat

Post by Steamboat »

My best Christmas gun wise was when i was around eight years old. Santa brought me a Remington Speedmaster 22 rifle. That was 52 years ago and I still have that rifle. It's still a very accurate rifle that I've always enjoyed shooting.
Last edited by Steamboat on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Ya made me think about it, :roll: and the truly bizarre fact is that NONE of my acquisitions have been Christmas related... :shock:
I can think of one or maybe two that were birthday related when I was "snot-nosed kid" age. I've always been of the mindset that you buy tools when the need arises/you can afford them/a good deal presents itself......and those can fall anywhere in the calendar. :cheers2:
(maybe I SHOULD go see a shrink about my childhood....)
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

My best “gun” Christmas was the year I gave my daughter her Ruger 10/22. Coincidentally, it was also the year that Santa (Mrs. Vol Texan) gave me my Beretta.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:Ya made me think about it, :roll: and the truly bizarre fact is that NONE of my acquisitions have been Christmas related... :shock:
I can think of one or maybe two that were birthday related when I was "snot-nosed kid" age. I've always been of the mindset that you buy tools when the need arises/you can afford them/a good deal presents itself......and those can fall anywhere in the calendar. :cheers2:
(maybe I SHOULD go see a shrink about my childhood....)
This sums up things around our place too. God has blessed me beyond measure w/ a wife that never complained about a tool I bout to make living,
a gun when I was Instructing, or when someone just had to have something else so "make me an offer" was the good deal.
Christmas or Bday around here just has not ever been gun day. :fire :fire :fire
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Iver Johnson single shot 16 ga. In 1964 when I was 10. It was a used gun, probably already 20 years old. Still have it.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

This Christmas As a matter of fact. My wife bought me a Henry Golden boy 22 LR. I have wanted one of those since I was a little kid. It was supposed to be a huge surprise come monday but she had to have an unexpected surgery last week so Christmas came early this year. She told me I can’t have it until Christmas Day :shock: so I know what I’ll be doing that afternoon!!!!! :fire

Rex B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rex B »

When I was 8 Dad was Air Force and we lived in Spain. I asked for a BB gun, since all the other boys had them.
Christmas morning I got up before sunrise, found a gun under the tree.
I took it into my parent's room and asked "Is this a BB gun?" They said no, it was a popgun. :/
Disappointed I was playing with my other toys when my parents got up. After a while, Dad said "Wait, there's something else back here. He reached behind the tree to the windowsill and retrieved something in a long canvas case.
It was a Cometa springer pellet gun, much more accurate and powerful than a BB gun. I was thrilled!
I abused that poor gun horribly, but it sure was fun. Still have it, patiently awaiting restoration.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Rex B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rex B »

Actually the best was this year. I gave my 18-year-old great-nephew a new 10/22. He was thrilled. His mom videod it. I don’t think he has ever shot a gun before. We will fix that Thursday.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Return to “Off-Topic”