CA: No place but California

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

kw5kw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CA: No place but California

Post by kw5kw »

Bitter Clinger wrote:I used punch cards. :grumble
:iagree:
Russ
kw5kw

Retired DPS Communications Operator PCO III January 2014.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 247

Post by philip964 »

IBM 360 punch cards FORTRAN first experience.

First computer I owned - Sinclair. Cassette tape storage, so to speak. 36x48 video resolution.

My younger brother got burned and in the hospital. I loaned it to him. He taught himself to code. Now owns a robotics company in Austin.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcbay ... ml%3famp=y

Steinle killer sentenced to time served for her murder.
Last edited by philip964 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bushwhacker
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bushwhacker »

philip964 wrote:California really needs its own thread.

http://ucsdguardian.org/2017/11/15/stud ... sues-ucsd/

California student, sues UC San Diego after she was hit by a car on I-5 after she tried to stop traffic during a election night protest of Trump's victory. She feels the University should have stopped the protest before it got out of control and she decided to stop traffic on a busy interstate highway.
I could easily see this happening in Austin.
I prefer peace, but if trouble must come, let it be in my time that my children may know peace.

https://i.imgur.com/BcHTIe2.jpg

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

It didn't take long...

http://abc7.com/13-kept-shackled-in-fou ... y/2948420/

13 children are kept shackled to their beds in horrible conditions by their parents. One girl 17 escaped and was able to contact police. Due to her malnutrition, the police thought she was 10, but later realized she was 17.

Everyone of the captives looked like children, however they discovered that some of the children were as old as 29. The children range in age from 2 to 29.

Due to the parents lack of preferential status, they were being held by the police on 9 million dollar bail.

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MaduroBU »

I collect old chips. The only working example is actually the earliest. In 1971, the four real microprocessors on earth were the microcontroller for the wing sweep on the f14, a small chip designed but not built by a company in San Antonio, the Intel 4004 and the TI TMS-1000. I have a working Datamath that I play with but mainly keep as a display piece. My goal is to mount my cpu collection on a board with die shots for each one. I have every major Intel, IBM, Sun, Motorola, AMD and VIA architecture except for the IBM POWER2, which i can only find in 30 year old whole Computers that sell out of china for $4000 each. I actually tried offering $100 for one and they just rejected the offer out of hand. I guess someone must still need them pretty bad.

I have the Russian AM2901 and Intel 8080 clones, as well as old Intel RAM from before they made CPUs and an old AMD ROM chip. I also have the AMD 9080, which was an illegal copy of the Intel 8080. Intel sued AMD, but IBM told Intel that without a second source, the PC would not continue using Intel chips (this was just before the advent of the legendary "x86" with the Intel 8086).

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://nbc4i.com/2018/01/25/california- ... requested/

$1000 fine for serving plastic drinking straw unless specifically requested.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Pawpaw »

philip964 wrote:http://nbc4i.com/2018/01/25/california- ... requested/

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bblhd672 »

There are way too many busybodies in Kalifornia. And the legislature obviously meets to pass laws way too often.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jusme
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Jusme »

philip964 wrote:http://nbc4i.com/2018/01/25/california- ... requested/

I guess reducing the space in landfills by approximately 25 cubic feet per year, will be offset by all of the waiters, and waitresses, filling space in jails. :banghead:

How can any sane person, be happy, that they voted for this idiot?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bblhd672 »

Jusme wrote: How can any sane person, be happy, that they voted for this idiot?
You're assuming a quantity of sane voters in Kalifornia? :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Take Down Sicko »

It would be a rare thing for anything sane to come from californication.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Jusme wrote:
philip964 wrote:http://nbc4i.com/2018/01/25/california-lawmaker-wants-to-stop-restaurants-from-providing-straws-unless-requested/

I guess reducing the space in landfills by approximately 25 cubic feet per year, will be offset by all of the waiters, and waitresses, filling space in jails. :banghead:

How can any sane person, be happy, that they voted for this idiot?
I'm in Texas and I carefully recycle all my plastic. They don't recycle in California?

The plastic bags i at least understand as the bags clog the recycling machines so they won't take them.

But plastic straws. Maybe it's full employment for dentists. Or Californian now doesn't want women or others to wear lip stick anymore.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 7

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

philip964 wrote: But plastic straws. Maybe it's full employment for dentists. Or Californian now doesn't want women or others to wear lip stick anymore.
Maybe they're trying to create more jobs for the illegals who work as dishwashers.....(lipstick on the drinking glass rims)
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SQLGeek »

bblhd672 wrote:There are way too many busybodies in Kalifornia. And the legislature obviously meets to pass laws way too often.
The legislature is full time and meets year round. Combine that with a big hard left ideological streak and a near solid lock by the Democrats and you have a recipe for some very bad legislation being passed. Some of it has been so bad that even Jerry Brown has vetoed it.
Psalm 91:2

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... b5f7f95454

Next election California will make an even sharper turn left.

Republicans are really worried about the loss of Brown as governor as potential new governor far worse.

Return to “Off-Topic”