deleted

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
apostate
Posts in topic: 1

deleted

Post by apostate »

Last edited by apostate on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 3000 accidental deaths per year

Post by chasfm11 »

This might be funny to me if I hadn't gone through it last year. I ate a salad at a country club restaurant. 4 hours later, I was in severe GI distress that lasted all night. My family took me to the ER the next morning were I was suspected to have C. diff. They hospitalized me and pumped IV antibiotics for the next 3 days that were so strong through me that they had to use wraps on my arm to relieve the burning in my vein. I was washing out potassium so fast that they were adding it to my IV, too. I had a "tree" full of bags on the IV stand.

I was healthy before that meal and have had no problems after my recovery. It reminded me of exactly how fragile we are.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

TomV

Post by TomV »

Food poisoning is very rarely the last thing you ate. In the case of C. diff, it definitely wasn't the last thing you ate. You could have been a carrier for years and something just gave it a chance to grow.

The romaine outbreak hasn't hit the southern states. I wouldn't follow the advice given in the article. I trust CDC and USDA to figure this out and give good guidance based on research, trace-back, and testing. I've been in public health for almost 20 years.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chasfm11 »

TomV wrote:Food poisoning is very rarely the last thing you ate. In the case of C. diff, it definitely wasn't the last thing you ate. You could have been a carrier for years and something just gave it a chance to grow.

The romaine outbreak hasn't hit the southern states. I wouldn't follow the advice given in the article. I trust CDC and USDA to figure this out and give good guidance based on research, trace-back, and testing. I've been in public health for almost 20 years.
It wasn't C. diff. They ruled that out while I was in the ER. They just initially thought that it might be, based on my symptoms and quarantined me. I'm not sure if it was the lettuce or something else in the salad. But I'll stand by my being in the hospital because of that salad.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

I got Hepatitis A, likely from restaurant food in 1994. It stinks. I turned yellow and my liver swelled. Now they have a vaccine. Highly suggest anyone who eats out a lot or travels to get it. I don't need it because I'm now immune. But not allowed to give blood ever again...too bad, I was on my way to being a gallon donor.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Off-Topic”