New and improved sights

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

New and improved sights

Post by Tex1961 »

I was able to get new sites on 11 guns for about $400.00

They’re called NEW GLASSES

Wow, I knew I needed a new prescription “I wear progressive lens” but dang, I’ve been having a dickens of a time keeping my front, rear and target all in focus. I take that back, it’s been downright impossible, but now I can focus all three. Think I’ll hit the range on Tuesday and see if my groupings improves.

C-dub

Re: New and improved sights

Post by C-dub »

I didn't know it was possible to have all three things in focus at once.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

If you knew how bad my focus was then you’ll understand for me just actually seeing all 3 at the same time is considered in focus. I was to the point that I couldn’t even bring the front sight in focus anymore.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WTR »

Try the XS Big Dots. Just put the sot over a single post

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I can focus on all the front sights. I can focus on all the rear sights of my handguns when held out at arms length for shooting. And I can focus on the target. I just can't focus on any two of them at the same time. I cannot focus on any of the rear sights on any of my rifles without my reading glasses, but I don't shoot with those at all because I couldn't see any of the front sights or a target with them on. With iron sights, I mostly try to focus on the target and have the front sight visible, albeit it a bit fuzzy, within the rear sight where it should be. It still works pretty good for me so far.

BTW, I did have my eyes lasered by Boothe about 10-12 years ago and my distance vision is still about 20/15 - 20/20. That presbyopia thing has crept up on me in the last 5 years.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Off-Topic”