New and improved sights

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Topic author
Tex1961

New and improved sights

Postby Tex1961 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:48 pm

I was able to get new sites on 11 guns for about $400.00

They’re called NEW GLASSES

Wow, I knew I needed a new prescription “I wear progressive lens” but dang, I’ve been having a dickens of a time keeping my front, rear and target all in focus. I take that back, it’s been downright impossible, but now I can focus all three. Think I’ll hit the range on Tuesday and see if my groupings improves.
NORM CROSBY
When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren’t smart enough to get out of jury duty.

C-dub

Re: New and improved sights

Postby C-dub » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:01 pm

I didn't know it was possible to have all three things in focus at once.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.

Topic author
Tex1961

Postby Tex1961 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:09 pm

If you knew how bad my focus was then you’ll understand for me just actually seeing all 3 at the same time is considered in focus. I was to the point that I couldn’t even bring the front sight in focus anymore.
NORM CROSBY
When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren’t smart enough to get out of jury duty.

WTR

Postby WTR » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:11 pm

Try the XS Big Dots. Just put the sot over a single post

C-dub

Postby C-dub » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:16 pm

I can focus on all the front sights. I can focus on all the rear sights of my handguns when held out at arms length for shooting. And I can focus on the target. I just can't focus on any two of them at the same time. I cannot focus on any of the rear sights on any of my rifles without my reading glasses, but I don't shoot with those at all because I couldn't see any of the front sights or a target with them on. With iron sights, I mostly try to focus on the target and have the front sight visible, albeit it a bit fuzzy, within the rear sight where it should be. It still works pretty good for me so far.

BTW, I did have my eyes lasered by Boothe about 10-12 years ago and my distance vision is still about 20/15 - 20/20. That presbyopia thing has crept up on me in the last 5 years.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.

Return to “Off-Topic”