80 blocks of C4 and Claymores found buried in Arizona desert.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 80 blocks of C4 and Claymores found buried in Arizona desert.

Post by RottenApple »

jason812 wrote:The ATF should be ashamed of themselves. This was clearly somebody's party favors and were going to have one heck of a good time.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 4

Post by crazy2medic »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
mrvmax wrote:Well, if they left the military nomenclature on it then it won’t be hard to track down. Well, at least to the point showing who it was issued to. It will only be a matter of time from there to find out who’s going to prison.
When you were in the military, you were one of the crazy guys that played with bombs, right?

Chas.
This could be interesting, 7 year statute of limitations on everything but murder and tax fraud, if they manage to find out who made the cache can they actually prosecute them?
Charles there is nothing wrong with playing things that go BOOM! I came within three days of going to Redstone Alabama for Bomb school, the city ran out of money and I didn't get to go!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 7

Post by mrvmax »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
mrvmax wrote:Well, if they left the military nomenclature on it then it won’t be hard to track down. Well, at least to the point showing who it was issued to. It will only be a matter of time from there to find out who’s going to prison.
When you were in the military, you were one of the crazy guys that played with bombs, right?

Chas.
Yep, used plenty of c4 and the packaging makes it easy to track. Disposed of some claymores but never got to play with them.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

crazy2medic wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
This could be interesting, 7 year statute of limitations on everything but murder and tax fraud, if they manage to find out who made the cache can they actually prosecute them?
Charles there is nothing wrong with playing things that go BOOM! I came within three days of going to Redstone Alabama for Bomb school, the city ran out of money and I didn't get to go!
I would guess that if they were still active duty yes.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

crazy2medic wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
. . . Charles there is nothing wrong with playing things that go BOOM! I came within three days of going to Redstone Alabama for Bomb school, the city ran out of money and I didn't get to go!
I feel about bombs the same way I do burning buildings. I'll watch you guys from a loooooong way off!

Chas.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
crazy2medic wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
. . . Charles there is nothing wrong with playing things that go BOOM! I came within three days of going to Redstone Alabama for Bomb school, the city ran out of money and I didn't get to go!
I feel about bombs the same way I do burning buildings. I'll watch you guys from a loooooong way off!

Chas.
I’ll watch over your shoulder......although......it would be kind of interesting to have that stuff if one had a safe way of storing it. It would make tannerite seem kind of pitiful and tame by comparison. SURELY there is some kind of fun redneck stunt you could pull with it that wouldn’t kill you, singe off your eyebrows, or riddle your hide with BBs. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 4

Post by crazy2medic »

I went to a post-blast investigation class, part of that class I got to set off half a block of C4, VERY IMPRESSIVE! It doesn't take much to absolutely destroy a car! Crazy thing is it's relatively safe as long there is no blasting cap.
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

ssnstump

Post by ssnstump »

The conversation would start out with "Hold my beer and watch this %#$&!"
US Navy Submarine Service 1976-1982

roadkill

Post by roadkill »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
crazy2medic wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.

Chas.
I’ll watch over your shoulder......although......it would be kind of interesting to have that stuff if one had a safe way of storing it. It would make tannerite seem kind of pitiful and tame by comparison. SURELY there is some kind of fun redneck stunt you could pull with it that wouldn’t kill you, singe off your eyebrows, or riddle your hide with BBs. :mrgreen:
But how many rednecks would it take to figure out just exactly what that stunt was and how to do it “safely”. Many would perish in the perfection of just such a stunt.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

crazy2medic wrote:Crazy thing is it's relatively safe as long there is no blasting cap.
Yep, had to be pretty safe to handle under most circumstances. Some guys did dumb things with it, one of them being eating small amounts. Supposedly small amounts ingested cause some temporary craziness but I never saw that first hand. I’ve been told C4 works well for small fires since it burns well. You just don’t want any shock on it when it’s burning.
We used more C4 than I can remember, it was our main go-to explosive along with time fuse and igniters. I got to use a variety of stuff - c4, TNT, dynamite. C4 was best for most applications though, I regularly had bits of C4 on my Leatherman blade from cutting those 1 1/4 pound blocks. I still have my blasting cap crimpers and blasting cap box in my office.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

mrvmax wrote: I’ve been told C4 works well for small fires since it burns well. You just don’t want any shock on it when it’s burning.
A USMC Nam vet friend of mine told me how they'd burn small pieces. That evidently stopped when one of the guys in his unit stomped it out with his boot.
Psalm 91:2

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

SQLGeek wrote:
mrvmax wrote: I’ve been told C4 works well for small fires since it burns well. You just don’t want any shock on it when it’s burning.
A USMC Nam vet friend of mine told me how they'd burn small pieces. That evidently stopped when one of the guys in his unit stomped it out with his boot.
Makes me shudder just to think about that.
Was there anything left of the foot?
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

He didn't go into detail but I get the impression that it wasn't likely.
Psalm 91:2

The Annoyed Man

roadkill wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
crazy2medic wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.

Chas.
But how many rednecks would it take to figure out just exactly what that stunt was and how to do it “safely”. Many would perish in the perfection of just such a stunt.
Wait.... is this one of those “how many ________ does it take to ______” jokes? :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

OldCurlyWolf wrote:
SQLGeek wrote:
Makes me shudder just to think about that.
Was there anything left of the foot?
My dad told me that on Iwo Jima, they used burning pinches of C4 to heat coffee in cups. Apparently, it burns nicely, and fairly safely - requiring a detonator of some kind to make it detonate. Otherwise, a pinch of it burns just like a candle.

[EDITED TO ADD THE WORD "HEAT" ABOVE - TAM]
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”