Petition to save the Alamo Cenotaph

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 3

Petition to save the Alamo Cenotaph

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

From Jerry Patterson's website;
The Alamo Cenotaph was built in 1940 as a memorial to the Texians and Tejanos who died at the Alamo fighting for Texas independence in 1836. Commissioner George P. Bush is working on a plan to remove the monument from the Alamo grounds. The Cenotaph or “empty tomb” represents the gravestone for the heroes of the Alamo.

Sign the petition to tell
Commissioner George P. Bush to leave
the Cenotaph and the Alamo alone!
Petition available at;
https://www.votepatterson.com/1374-2/
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Petition to save the Alamo Cenotaph

Post by anygunanywhere »

Signed. What a jerk.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Signed
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

Not surprising from Jeb!'s son. I'm sure he's as squishy as his father.

Petition signed. Stupid Bush boy.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Sounds about right coming from a Bush.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Signed, he probably thinks we should give the Alamo to Mexico.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

Will someone please explain why it's removal is so important?

I smell a democrat rat...

strogg

Post by strogg »

Signed. I wonder how he'd like it if we moved one of his relative's gravestone somewhere else because it's convenient?

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I'm still interested in finding out why the Centotaph has some wanting it removed.

Hurt feelings on the part of the losers?

Mexico embarrassment?

I could, but won't go on...what's the darn reason some want it removed?

jason812

Post by jason812 »

From Rick Range who is also running for Land Commissioner:
https://savethealamo.us/the-second-battle
A second Texas Revolution is currently brewing in the Lone Star State. This all comes as a result of a seemingly laudable plan promoted to and passed by the state's legislature some four years ago. The plan involved the rebuilding and improvement of the state's most iconic shrine—the Alamo. The plan as promoted and approved would have rebuilt certain historic structures present at the time of the 1836 battle, as well as give visitors there a better and more complete understanding of the physical environment existing at the time of the conflict.

Consequent to the plan's passage, Texas General Land Office Commissioner George P. Bush, whose office is now in charge of running the Alamo, brought in a number of out-of-state planners to design the project. What they came up with was something very different from what its backers originally envisioned. Much to their dismay, the originators of this effort were astounded to learn that the new focus of the Alamo would no longer be the 1836 battle for which it is world famous. In the words of Bush's Master Planner George Skarmeas, "We cannot single out one moment in time."

Instead the Alamo would be transformed into a multi-cultural hodgepodge of world history. In fact, its very name would be changed. The site would no longer be referred to as the Alamo—instead, it would be known as the San Antonio de Valero Mission. And this does not comprise the full extent of the plan's disturbing features.

Instead of rebuilding the mission's outer-perimeter defensive walls using the original limestone as has been done at the other four San Antonio missions, the Alamo's walls would be constructed of modern-day see-through German-made glass. Other bizarre aspects by the designers are also present, including a tree-lined body of flowing water coursing through the middle of the site's Main Plaza complete with tables, chairs, and canopies under which tourists may sip their drinks in comfort. In short, the effect will be more reminiscent of a modern-day tourist theme park than that of a hallowed and sacred battleground.

Needless to say, upon learning these facts Texans across the state have met this plan with vociferous opposition. There are now statewide efforts ongoing to ensure that it is never implemented; these Texans are outraged and adamant that a plan conforming to the original intent of the legislature when proposed and passed be enacted. It is safe to assume that this fight will be loud and ugly. It is also highly likely that when it is over, George P. Bush's once-promising political career in the state will be finished.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

jason812,

Thank you.

I will vote now...for Texas, not some baloney revisionist touchy feeling crap some anti-Texas moron came up with.

Texans are proud of the Alamo - not San Antonio de Valero Mission mishmash crap.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I predict that George P will never forget the Alamo.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

He ought to be forgotten as the anti-Alamo fool.

Dems love to go an on about cultural mis-appropriation, this or that, well liberals this is just that and you can suck on it.

Now, I'm gonna go out and eat some Italian food, then have flan as dessert, oh I forgot to mention, I'll be eating escargot as an appetizer. How my, how my cultural faux pas did I commit?

BHill

Post by BHill »

Signed
NRA Life Member

b4aftr

Post by b4aftr »

Disgusted by the proposal and signed the petition.

Return to “Off-Topic”