Petition to save the Alamo Cenotaph

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Petition to save the Alamo Cenotaph

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Signed and shared!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

jason812
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jason812 »

Abraham wrote:jason812,

Thank you.

I will vote now...for Texas, not some baloney revisionist touchy feeling crap some anti-Texas moron came up with.

Texans are proud of the Alamo - not San Antonio de Valero Mission mishmash crap.
When I saw the petition and noticed it was on a website for someone running for office I decided to check to see how much truth was being portrayed. Being a native for many generations, Texas history and how the state was founded is part of our swagger. Don't mess with Texas isn't about littering, its a warning. Trying to rewrite history whether it's our's (Texas) or anybody else's is just flat out wrong.

Hopefully this will stop and Bush will not be reelected.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion/com ... 107036.php
After evaluation of the master plan, it makes you wonder if it was designed by a landscaping team from “Better Homes and Gardens.” We see the historic and hallowed ground of the Alamo adorned with trees, an artificial stream (acequia) flowing through a variety of native shrubs and grasses, and large glass walls to complete the greenhouse look and feel.
Instead of focusing on and presenting the most compelling moment in Texas history, the master planners opt for a presentation that diminishes the sacrifice made by those who perished in the famous battle in preference for a memorial park where people can gather, lounge in the shade, cool their toes, and take pictures.

This is not how we interpret and present our nation’s historic battlefields.

The inclusion of a rooftop restaurant on a sanguine battlefield is in poor taste. It’s an affront to the men and boys who made the ultimate sacrifice for Texas freedom, and an offense to those who embrace Alamo Plaza as sacred ground.
Remember the Alamo! :txflag:
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

montgomery
Posts in topic: 2

Post by montgomery »

Petitions and politeness have proven to be ineffective - these tyrants do what they want, and it is usually with our hard earned tax dollars. At some point, true patriots will have to step up and fight and die for what is right.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere »

montgomery wrote:Petitions and politeness have proven to be ineffective - these tyrants do what they want, and it is usually with our hard earned tax dollars. At some point, true patriots will have to step up and fight and die for what is right.
Remember the Alamo!

We need to remind Bush about what happened at San Jacinto too when Santa Anna didn't turn around and go home.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

anygunanywhere wrote:
montgomery wrote:Petitions and politeness have proven to be ineffective - these tyrants do what they want, and it is usually with our hard earned tax dollars. At some point, true patriots will have to step up and fight and die for what is right.
Remember the Alamo!

We need to remind Bush about what happened at San Jacinto too when Santa Anna didn't turn around and go home.

Amen brother.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Pawpaw wrote:I predict that George P will never forget the Alamo.
I predict that he won’t survive the next election.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

DocV

Post by DocV »

Signed it.

Pete92FS

Post by Pete92FS »

Signed
CHL since 01/26/09

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Signed
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:I predict that George P will never forget the Alamo.
I predict that he won’t survive the next election.
I think we're saying the same thing. :lol:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Signed.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I signed too, by the way.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

jason812 wrote: When I saw the petition and noticed it was on a website for someone running for office I decided to check to see how much truth was being portrayed.
When I was redirected off Facebook and saw the root url, I thought it was somewhat odd as well. I was already familiar from other sources about the plan to "Disney-ize" the place, so I shrugged and did the petition. I guess if the project gets redirected back to a respectful reality, Patterson wants to get as much perceived political credit out of it as possible........
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Time to run George P Bush outta town, pitchforks and all.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Off-Topic”