Good Summer Sausage?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Good Summer Sausage?

Post by twomillenium »

Don's Smokehouse makes excellent summer sausage. The are in Waco area but they do mail order. I look for them at gun shows when I go.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere »

Abraham wrote:Lena,

Some of the best sausage products I've ever eaten came from a place called: Praseks on Hwy 59 near El Campo, Texas.

Not only do they make great meat products, they're absolutely great people to do business with.

I'm sure they'd ship you their summer sausage.

I might add: Their stuff cost more, because they make quality stuff, not like big name corporations who turn out tasteless, texture-less, meat stuff for the masses.
:iagree:

Praseks is good stuff.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

flechero

Post by flechero »

If you are in the Dallas area, Kuby's has awesome jalapeno cheese salami and summer sausage. I used to shoot deer and make the whole thing into the the J/C Salami!! They started making it with beef/pork about 15 years ago to meet demand. One of the few things I really miss about Dallas...

Kenk

Post by Kenk »

WildBill wrote:
Lena wrote:What does Brookshire's have Brand?
They carry Old Wisconsin brand sausage.
We've been enjoying Old Wisconsin Beef Garlic Summer Sausage for many years. When we make our almost yearly trip to Wisconsin, I always visit the Sheboygan Outlet Store and bring back a year's supply. We then freeze them.

I just noticed that Amazon Prime has the Beef in a couple of different sizes, but not the Garlic. It's also very tasty.

Ken

Topic author
Lena
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Lena »

I will try that for sure, Sprouts will be 1st as to being able to sample it 1st
Stay Safe

Topic author
Lena

Post by Lena »

If I get some from Brookshires I will try in when I get outside and either keep or return it tight then
Stay Safe

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pbwalker »

I used to buy this stuff all the time, and it's delicious. HEB stocks it, if you have one around you, and they have a non-Jalapeno version as well. Out of Falls City, TX.

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/poll ... no/1753469

/I miss HEB
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Topic author
Lena

Post by Lena »

none close at all
Stay Safe

puma guy
Posts in topic: 7

Post by puma guy »

Some of the best sausage products I've ever eaten came from a place called: Praseks on Hwy 59 near El Campo, Texas.

Not only do they make great meat products, they're absolutely great people to do business with.

I might add: Their stuff cost more, because they make quality stuff, not like big name corporations who turn out tasteless, texture-less, meat stuff for the masses.
Prasek's opened a huge store, restaurant and travel stop on I10 E west of Sealy. I stopped by in the middle of December to check them out. I wasn't in the buying mood since I had 60 lbs of venison sausage, plus whole backstraps, tenders and 20 lbs of chili meat from my deer prosessor in Schulenburg. I may stop this time a check out the restaurant and maybe get some summer sausage. I'm just about to chow down on some Kroger summer sausage, Jarlsberg cheese and crackers at my deer camp! LOL
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

puma guy wrote:

Prasek's opened a huge store, restaurant and travel stop on I10 E west of Sealy. I stopped by in the middle of December to check them out. I wasn't in the buying mood since I had 60 lbs of venison sausage, plus whole backstraps, tenders and 20 lbs of chili meat from my deer prosessor in Schulenburg. I may stop this time a check out the restaurant and maybe get some summer sausage. I'm just about to chow down on some Kroger summer sausage, Jarlsberg cheese and crackers at my deer camp! LOL
Who do you use in Schulenburg? I use Willie Joe’s in High Hill just North of Schulenburg.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

anygunanywhere wrote:
puma guy wrote:

Who do you use in Schulenburg? I use Willie Joe’s in High Hill just North of Schulenburg.
Same here. Been using Willie since the 90's. Still going there after Willie retired and sold to Paddy. Ever try the High Hill Wieners? They're delicious. Hoping to drop a or spike by Willie's this weekend.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

puma guy wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
puma guy wrote:

Same here. Been using Willie since the 90's. Still going there after Willie retired and sold to Paddy. Ever try the High Hill Wieners? They're delicious. Hoping to drop a or spike by Willie's this weekend.
The High Hill Wieners are delicious. We love their meat. Always fresh and delicious.

Mrs. Anygunanywhere went to school with Paddy's parents.

I'm heading to the ranch Sunday morning and try to bring down some more meat as well. I've got a few spikes that showed up on the game cameras. Lots of tender does left. Maybe even a small pig will show up.

Its going to be cold next week.

Good luck Mang!

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I stopped by Krogers today after a hair cut to buy the krogers private select beef summer sausage and some deli cheese. Will try it tonight and see how i like it. It only cost 5.00 for a 14oz roll.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Take Down Sicko wrote:I stopped by Krogers today after a hair cut to buy the krogers private select beef summer sausage and some deli cheese. Will try it tonight and see how i like it. It only cost 5.00 for a 14oz roll.
I hope you enjoy it! I am usually loathe to recommend food/restaurants etc. to folks. Invariably they say something happens that disappoints them.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

anygunanywhere wrote:
puma guy wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
puma guy wrote:

The High Hill Wieners are delicious. We love their meat. Always fresh and delicious.

Mrs. Anygunanywhere went to school with Paddy's parents.

I'm heading to the ranch Sunday morning and try to bring down some more meat as well. I've got a few spikes that showed up on the game cameras. Lots of tender does left. Maybe even a small pig will show up.

Its going to be cold next week.

Good luck Mang!

Gonna have High Hill Wieners for lunch tomorrow. We're looking for a big spike that's at least a couple years old that showed up on the cameras. Most of the larger does look like they've been bred and we don't want to take a yearling doe. Hope you're successful with your hunt. BTW what county do you hunt? This weekend and Monday AM are the last times we can get up to the lease (Comal County). Hope we'll be stopping by Willie Joe's, but we'll honk when we pass if we don't.

Return to “Off-Topic”