So many unanswered questions.....

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 4

So many unanswered questions.....

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

http://valleycentral.com/news/local/pol ... b-in-pharr
http://www.krgv.com/story/37248379/poli ... an-injured

- I hope this wasn't one of ours (LTC).
- I'm guessing "no-holster-carry" or purse carry with no dedicated holster/pocket
- apparently they DO NOT have the person responsible ID'ed or in custody.
- the location is a relatively new HEB Plus (so presumably a good camera system inside and out)
and apropos of nothing
- the main Pharr PD is about 4 blocks away
- Pharr is historically a center of gang activity (google "Tri-City Bombers")

Waiting for further updates to be released on this one.......
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Jay2121
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: So many unanswered questions.....

Post by Jay2121 »

We know nothing at this point, nothing, let’s wait for the facts.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Could the gun be a Sig Sauer?
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

OneGun wrote:Could the gun be a Sig Sauer?
Why yes, or it could be a glock, high point, jennings, SA, colt, browning, taurus, S&W, ruger, keltec, charter arms,ati, sti, ria, beretta, fn, cz, walther, bersa, cobra, naa, chippa, Rorbaugh, century, kahr....

should I go on? I can do this all day! :lol:

As Jay said, we know absolutely NOTHING!

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

flechero wrote:
Why yes, or it could be a glock, high point, jennings, SA, colt, browning, taurus, S&W, ruger, keltec, charter arms,ati, sti, ria, beretta, fn, cz, walther, bersa, cobra, naa, chippa, Rorbaugh, century, kahr....

Unfortunately, the gun type information is important safety information, and it's unlikely we will ever know. I figure as long as I'm not accident/drop-proof I want my handguns to be drop-proof.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

Liberty wrote:
flechero wrote:

Unfortunately, the gun type information is important safety information, and it's unlikely we will ever know. I figure as long as I'm not accident/drop-proof I want my handguns to be drop-proof.
I don't disagree but that's not what I said. We don't know, and making crap up just further blurs it. I googled glock drop fire and found posts and videos saying/showing it happen. So could it have been a glock? :shock: The point was that we don't know and guessing is just that.

How many stories have we heard about guns "going off"??? With the info we have it could have just as easily been a clear ND from handling where they dropped it when it discharged.... (we see those WAY more often than a true drop scenario)

or could have been a "drop safe" gun, fired in a purse with a lipstick tube in the trigger guard when the purse was dropped.

99.99% of guns that fire (yes, I made up that number) when dropped are fired during drop test protocol, hit with hammers or released from a fixture designed to make impact at a specific angle... not an actual drop fire- which is surprisingly rare.

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

I hope this doesn't cause HEB to change their policy, they are currently just 30.07.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Topic author
JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Given that they apparently don't have the gun carrier, how do we even know that the gun fired from being dropped. All we really know is that a round was fired inside the store.......
Is the 'drop' part Fake News; or does it imply that there was a witness or that they looked at the security camera footage before issuing a statement to the press?

Topic author
JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

As Paul Harvey used to say, "Now we have....the rest of the story".

http://valleycentral.com/news/local/arr ... ts-shopper

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

oohrah wrote:I hope this doesn't cause HEB to change their policy, they are currently just 30.07.
Hopefully not, since it would seem that the guy has been charged with unlawful carry of a weapon, thus a 30.06 sign wouldn't have applied to him anyway. I'm going on the assumption that he doesn't have an LTC.
Police issued an arrest warrant for Meza for unlawful carrying a weapon and endangering a child.

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

How can Meza be guilty of unlawful carrying a weapon that was in Rivera's purse?
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

bigtek wrote:How can Meza be guilty of unlawful carrying a weapon that was in Rivera's purse?
Judging from her being charged also, I am guessing that Rivera said it was Meza's gun and he put it in her purse in the store. She probably, like many women, put the purse in the shopping cart and he was actually pushing the cart. And Rivera's charge for failure to report a felony was based on her knowing Meza had the gun in her purse inside the licensed premise.

But that is just a guess.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

They don't have Meza in custody, but they already had what appear to be mug shots to provide to the media.....
I'm guessing that irrespective of the HEB incident, Meza was already a prohibited person (from possessing a firearm) and that Rivera's charges stem from failing to report a prohibited person in possession of a firearm.

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Did hell freeze over or is it just a coincidence a medial outlet finally got it right.." at the time of the negligent discharge"
negligent discharge..Not accident, not Gun went off, not fired for unknown reasons "negligent discharge"

Im shocked, but not so much I did not stop to send CBS 4 News a note thanking them for using verbiage that accurately described the incident
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Return to “Off-Topic”