43 Years

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

43 Years

Post by anygunanywhere »

Today marks 43 years of wedded bliss with the only woman I have ever loved. Mrs Anygunanywhere and I were married 43 years ago today in Dickinson at Shrine of the True Cross Catholic Church.

People often ask me if she is my daughter. She is as beautiful today as she was the day we met the day before Thanksgiving 1972 one month before I left for basic training in the Navy.

I wish everyone could be as happy as I am.

Praise God in his generosity in bringing us together.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 43 Years

Post by bblhd672 »

Congratulations to both of you.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

flechero

Post by flechero »

Awesome!! Congrats! I hope that each year has brought a stronger bond and a devotion to each other, 2nd only to God!

We'll be celebrating 17 this year and loving each year more than the previous! Find a way to mentor a young man and share some of that Godly wisdom with him so that he might post the same in about 30 years!!

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Wonderful story, and congratulations.

Mrs. Vol Texan and I will be married 24 years this November. (well, not really, it's 12 for her, and 12 for me, but I like to add them together), but every day still feels as great as the honeymoon. Maybe it was all the years of traveling around the world - I was always happy to come home when I could. I hope we can continue to be as happy together in the future as we are now.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Congrats! I see you have had the same good luck as I have. We will do the 43 in November.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Congrats to you and your wife, anygunanywhere on your 43 years together and wish you 43 more.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Congratulations. I know how finding that special person to share your life with is. :thewave
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Congrats to you, and so glad to hear about another couple who is happy as we are.. 22 years and still feel like we're on our honeymoon. And we both know what it's like to not be in a happy marriage. You have something precious and unfortunately sometimes rare....

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Thanks all.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Congratulations Anygunanywhere! The Annoyed Woman and I will mark 30 years on July 23rd of this year, and 31 years together as a couple. I stand in awe of people who have married longer than that, NOT because I don’t know how they did it, but because they stand as Ebeneezer Stones for the rest of us, pointing the way, and commemorating a work of God in the lives of His children.

May you have 43 more, my friend.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Steamboat

Post by Steamboat »

Happy Anniversary and Congratulations!
My wife and I will celebrate 40 years this November.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

J Wilson

Post by J Wilson »

Just celebrated our 50th on Jan 23.
Congratulations on ya'lls 43rd

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Congratulations! I am now hitting the point in my marriage where people get less time for murder....well maybe not murder but certainly manslaughter. :biggrinjester:
Psalm 91:2

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Thanks all. Congratulations back to all of you on your marriages and anniversaries. I am in good company.

Return to “Off-Topic”