Got a new eye.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Got a new eye.

Post by Beiruty »

For the OP, why have your waited so long?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Take Down Sicko »

mayor

Post by mayor »

Oldgringo wrote:I had both eyes done (not on the same day) a few years back. I used to have to wear glasses to drive. Now, I have to wear glasses for everything except driving and ogling. Would I do it over again, I dunno.... :roll:
yeah, I would.

RoadRunnerTR21 wrote:I had both eyes done a year ago. The vibrant colors still impress me. I don't need glasses for anything unless it is very tiny print. Doc put in some kind of progressive lens. I paid for the procedure out of pocket. It was more expensive than the standard cataract surgery. We were offered a 0% loan as long s you don't miss a payment. The procedure should be paid for later this year.
even with insurance, my out of pocket was about $3000. Hospital rental is expensive.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

@bigguy Awesome!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

Beiruty wrote:For the OP, why have your waited so long?
Glasses worked OK up until the last few months. It was the cataracts that forced the issue. It was getting to where I couldn't see, even with glasses. I had to do something.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

It's amazing that cataract surgery is such a minor procedure now. When I was a kid, my Mom's best friend was blind due to cataracts. It was a creeping blindness you saw coming and couldn't do anything except prepare to be blind.

Chas.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:It's amazing that cataract surgery is such a minor procedure now. When I was a kid, my Mom's best friend was blind due to cataracts. It was a creeping blindness you saw coming and couldn't do anything except prepare to be blind.

Chas.
My optometrist tells me that cataract surgery is by far the most common surgical procedure paid for by Medicare.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

I had Lasik done about three months ago. My uncorrected vision was horrible. If my glasses fell off the nightstand I had a hard time finding them. I didn't dare drive without them. But I could read without them.

After the lasik, at my one month checkup I was at 20/10. I can remember the single leaf moment the day after the surgery, sitting in my front yard staring at the trees. I take a fish oil daily now to help with the quality of the oils my eye produces, because I noticed that after I blinked it wasn't as clear for a second or two. The doctor said it's because of the oils that the eye lid uses to cover and protect the eye. So he suggested the fish oil.

Since the surgery, my pool game has greatly improved. My shooting was good before, but I think I'll try pushing the distance a little more the next trip to the long range.

Edit: My doc said I'd need cheaters after the surgery too. But so far, I don't. He's surprised. He said that most men need them by 40, even without lasik. So at 45 I'm a statistical anomaly.

Return to “Off-Topic”