Not watching the Superbowl

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Not watching the Superbowl

Post by mrvmax »

I never watched it much before but I refuse to watch it now. We have guys dying for what our flag represents, right now a Navy EOD Tech is in Houston being treated for injuries sustained while clearing IEDs in a hospital in Syria (Trump mentioned him in his SOTU speech). His life and his families lives are changed forever and we have these knuckleheads that have no clue kneeling. Being former EOD I keep up with the EOD community. https://www.earlybirdpaper.com/presiden ... tory-sotu/

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

apostate wrote:If the weather is nice, I'm going to the range Sunday afternoon.
Very good arrangement of priorities!

I blew off the NFL years ago over Rush Limbaugh’s treatment and Hank Williams Jr. treatment when he voiced his thoughts on Soetero.

The NFL could dry up and blow away, wouldn’t affect me in the least.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

skavoovie

Post by skavoovie »

Absolutely not watching any NFL. Especially the super bowl.

Txtension

Post by Txtension »

I've never been a sports guy. And I don't understand the appeal of watching someone else play a game. as a (video)gamer I'd rather play the game. Still

I echo Jeff B's summary sentiment. I pray that it does in fact blow away. Cause then maybe...

...Maybe this nation will put all that Football money back into things that benefit everyone besides the sports fans. Things like roads, bridges, un-leaded water pipes, In and After School Music Programs. Science , Technology, Engineering, and Math...

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

It’s interesting enough as a game. Plus my wife is from NE and went to games at Foxboro as a kid. And I am enough of a Cowboys fan to hate the Eagles.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Flightmare »

I went out to pilot point with my new sub 2000 and a few pistols. Put a big hole, and some smaller holes in a chunk of plywood.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Not watching either. Sitting watching movies with the family. The millionaires will still make their money without me and mine.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

PHI 41 - NE 33

Liberty
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Liberty »

Philadelphia won, fans responded by riots and destroying businesses. Why would any city want to win a major league sports championship?

In fairness Houston and Dallas have won some championships and left the city intact. Some cities have real pride, others are crapholes.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

Liberty wrote:Philadelphia won, fans responded by riots and destroying businesses. Why would any city want to win a major league sports championship?

In fairness Houston and Dallas have won some championships and left the city intact. Some cities have real pride, others are crapholes.
yankees

Liberty
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Liberty »

Oldgringo wrote:
Liberty wrote:Philadelphia won, fans responded by riots and destroying businesses. Why would any city want to win a major league sports championship?

yankees
It's not that simple, Greenbay, Minnesota, Even Boston and New York are better behaved than Places like Baltimore, St Louis, Memphis, or New Orleans. Certain cities are crap holes and its not just about Lattitude.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Lena
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Lena »

Did teams kneel for the anthem?
Stay Safe

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 41

Post by philip964 »

Lena wrote:Did teams kneel for the anthem?
From press reports no kneeling.

Game audience was down 7% from year before, however 6th highest rated game. Have to go back to 2010 for a lower game.

Hard to not see glimpses. Went to dinner out, restaurant was almost empty. They had tons of TV's turned to the game. My wife and son watched the end after we got back. I worked in the basement.

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Post by allisji »

I was making no special effort to watch the game, but there really was nothing else good to watch. I tuned in for about 5 minutes early and saw an M&Ms commercial and watched the first TD of the game. Then I turned it. After putting the kids to bed I turned it on during the final 2 minutes and saw Philly kick the final FG of the game. After that my TV blacked the ending of the game out because the show scheduled to come on at 9:15 exceeded the ratings limits allowed in my home.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Return to “Off-Topic”