TV Viewing

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Re: TV Viewing

Post by WTR »

Personally , I don't care how anyone chooses to dress or their outward grooming habits. Tats....I am a blank canvas. However, I have friends who have some amazing art work applied and some with Saigon blobs they wish they never got. I just don't think people who dress in semi gang apparel ( knit caps , wife beater Ts etc.). Present the best to anti, or undecided uneducated public. I want to keep my weapons. I think we need to put our best foot forward. Not look like someone I'm crossing the street to get away from. Full auto is great and fun to shoot. It is just not the only form of shooting that needs to be promoted. Especially one handed auto that is just blasting . I've done that also but I don't film it . Emptying a 50 round drum from a Tommy can be a hoot. Gets expensive, but it is a hoot.

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flechero »

There is a HUGE difference in a person with shaved head and tats, vs an unkept, aggressive demeanor, thuggish looking person- with or without the tats and shiny dome. Don't kid yourself.

I'm willing to bet anyone here defending the "any appearance is just fine" would be going to condition orange at the sight of a group of "thugs" walking towards them in a parking lot. Even though they could just be parked in the classic car next to yours.

What? You don't have 20's on your '94 Caprice Classic?? :lol:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

WTR wrote:Personally , I don't care how anyone chooses to dress or their outward grooming habits. Tats....I am a blank canvas. However, I have friends who have some amazing art work applied and some with Saigon blobs they wish they never got. I just don't think people who dress in semi gang apparel ( knit caps , wife beater Ts etc.). Present the best to anti, or undecided uneducated public. I want to keep my weapons. I think we need to put our best foot forward. Not look like someone I'm crossing the street to get away from. Full auto is great and fun to shoot. It is just not the only form of shooting that needs to be promoted. Especially one handed auto that is just blasting . I've done that also but I don't film it . Emptying a 50 round drum from a Tommy can be a hoot. Gets expensive, but it is a hoot.

While I somewhat agree that our "image" would be better served, by suit and tie wearing, middle aged men, or conservatively dressed women, that is no longer the world we live in. The 2A clearly states, "The people", and makes no limitations, on appearance. I too, am sometimes, troubled, by what, the image of those who, "represent" our views, may impart upon those who wish to deprive us of our rights, I am also thankful, that there are such like minded people, on mass media,at all.
While you may be correct, that, there is an underlying conspiracy, to only show those, whose appearance, makes the average, left winger, look upon those who support the 2A, as cretins, or "gun nuts" you must realize that most of those who would tune in all, including yourself, already agree with the premise, and understand that the Constitutional right applies to everyone, not just those, who's appearance matches our own. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SQLGeek »

AndyC wrote:All you bearded types are dodgy

:mrgreen:
People that talk funny and use the word dodgy are dodgy. :shock:
Psalm 91:2

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

On the Greg Gutfeld show they have a regular named Tyrus.

Heavily tatted, wears a baseball cap backwards, is bright, educated and is politically logical i.e., Conservative.

However, to go by ye olde judging a book by it's cover, you'd think to look at him he's minimally a thug. Or, in addition, most likely one of those black lies matter guys, or at least a 'profa'. (they're certainly not anti fascist) so I don't employ the cretinous non-word antifa...

He isn't.

When he speaks he's eloquent, likeable as all heck, and no, not your Dad's approval in appearance.

Me, I've always been the clean cut looking square, though hardly a square. If you knew my background you'd be shocked at how un-square I am, but I LOOK square...

So I prefer we all look clean cut, man, woman or beast.

Yes, but I've lived long enough to know - nope, you really can't judge a book by it's cover, though most of the time you can, just not always...

Usually a dirtbag looks like a dirtbag, but sometimes they're honest, upright citizens who prefer the non-clean cut look.

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Something about the phrase "clean cut" has always irked me. Sounds like a "holier than thou" attitude to describe a "special" person, so much better, cleaner, and nicer than the rest of us. But if I'm not mistaken, Ted Bundy was described as "clean cut" and so were the Menendez brothers. :shock: I'll slither back to my hovel now.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

What shows are you watching? I used to watch several shows on the Sportsman channel and I never saw any of that. Everyone was well spoken and preached guns safety heavily. I think you just need to be more selective on what shows you are watching.

I am not watching any of them for a while. I cut off my directv this month. I will pick up a couple of them on the internet at some point.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I already saw that. It is hilarious.

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by WTR »

MechAg94 wrote:What shows are you watching? I used to watch several shows on the Sportsman channel and I never saw any of that. Everyone was well spoken and preached guns safety heavily. I think you just need to be more selective on what shows you are watching.

I am not watching any of them for a while. I cut off my directv this month. I will pick up a couple of them on the internet at some point.
Most of the shows that I have watched on the sportsman channel are well done. This was on Dish and I don't recall the name of the program. I was surprised by the content ( or lack there of).

Return to “Off-Topic”