Bad parent!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Bad parent!

Post by crazy2medic »

Today me and the wife ran to Walmart to grab a few things, as I was walking past the pharmacy a "father" gave permission for his 3 litle girls to wander about Walmart without supervision, these three girls aged from 6-7yo for the oldest, middle one seemed to be 4-5yo, youngest maybe 3yo, I'm in shock, can't believe what i'm seeing, my first thought is to follow them at a discreet distance, but thought that might seem creepy to somebody that is actually paying attention. I opted to catch the wife and when I did, I told her what happened and she asked why I didn't follow them to protect them, told her I thought about it and decided to come find her first. She wanted me to see if I could locate them, never did, the idiot father must have collected them and left the store! I know this is rhetorical question but (venting) Are People Really this STUPID? Do these people not see, or hear the news, there is absolutely no way i would have allowed my daughter to wander about Walmart at any time when she was little, that is just irresponsible and stupid!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Bad parent!

Post by Oldgringo »

crazy2medic wrote:Today me and the wife ran to Walmart to grab a few things, as I was walking past the pharmacy a "father" gave permission for his 3 litle girls to wander about Walmart without supervision, these three girls aged from 6-7yo for the oldest, middle one seemed to be 4-5yo, youngest maybe 3yo, I'm in shock, can't believe what i'm seeing, my first thought is to follow them at a discreet distance, but thought that might seem creepy to somebody that is actually paying attention. I opted to catch the wife and when I did, I told her what happened and she asked why I didn't follow them to protect them, told her I thought about it and decided to come find her first. She wanted me to see if I could locate them, never did, the idiot father must have collected them and left the store! I know this is rhetorical question but (venting) Are People Really this STUPID? Do these people not see, or hear the news, there is absolutely no way i would have allowed my daughter to wander about Walmart at any time when she was little, that is just irresponsible and stupid!
Yes, people (some of them) are really that stupid.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Same people that drop off their 14 and 15 year old daughters at the mall.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

This is the same type of parent that drives with their young children unrestrained as they bounce around in the back seat.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

puma guy wrote:This is the same type of parent that drives with their young children unrestrained as they bounce around in the back seat.
...and/or loose in the bed of the pickup.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

As a former Cub Scout and Boy Scout adult leader, I have seen so many instances of very young kids being left unsupervised. I have seen mothers pull up to the scout meeting, and let their child go in alone, not even checking to see if anyone was there (fortunately we were)
I have seen so many examples of this type of parenting, I am really not that surprised anymore.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Recently encountered two healthy 20’s something “men” riding around the aisles of Walmart in the electric shopping carts. Not injured or crippled in any way just lazy. Saw them walking out of store later with their few items purchased.
So many bad examples of behavior in Walmart it’s hard to keep up
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I unloaded a tirade on my daughter and 16 year old grand daughter a few weeks back. My son was working out of town and my grand daughter wanted to go bowling with he friends. Her mom said that she didn't have time to take her but she could call Uber, which she did, both ways. Needless to say I was livid and informed them both that if she needed a ride somewhere again, she had best be calling me or my wife to come take her.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Get a grip people. It is Walmart. Sam Walton himself claimed that 4 out of 5 free roaming children in his stores were conceived in a Walmart.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Are People Really this STUPID? Do these people not see, or hear the news, there is absolutely no way i would have allowed my daughter to wander about Walmart at any time when she was little, that is just irresponsible and stupid!

I can answer that with 2 words.....

CODE ADAM

sad but true.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WTR »

This type of behavior can be profitable for the parent. We had a Mom sue and win her suits after " parking" her 4 year old daughter at a Mc Donald's playground while she went to a nearby store to shop. The little girl fell off the slide. Tragically, she sustained a perminate brain injury. Her Mom sued us because we poured the underlying concrete. She sued the padding manufacturer of the padding over the concrete . She sued the manufacturer of the carpeting which covered the padding. Finally, she sued the manufacturer of the playground equipment...... She won or settled all the claims. She took no blame.

flechero

Post by flechero »

WTR wrote:This type of behavior can be profitable for the parent. We had a Mom sue and win her suits after " parking" her 4 year old daughter at a Mc Donald's playground while she went to a nearby store to shop. The little girl fell off the slide. Tragically, she sustained a perminate brain injury. Her Mom sued us because we poured the underlying concrete. She sued the padding manufacturer of the padding over the concrete . She sued the manufacturer of the carpeting which covered the padding. Finally, she sued the manufacturer of the playground equipment...... She won or settled all the claims. She took no blame.
If the child hadn't been hurt, the mom could probably have been arrested. (should have been anyway)

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WTR »

Probably would be today, but this was 40 years ago.

rotor

Post by rotor »

My mom was a bad parent. As a child I frequently traveled all through NYC by subway and elevated train by myself. A trip to the Bronx zoo solo at age 6. Visit grandma in the Bronx all the time. Of course, that was 65-70 years ago.

My grandson age 11 lives three blocks from my house. He is not allowed to walk home by himself. Times have changed. Society has changed.

My mother from very early on wanted me to be independent. I was. Nowadays she would be called a bad parent. The WalMart mom of today though is a bad parent. What I did as a kid is not acceptable today.

Return to “Off-Topic”