I guess this life style change is working

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

I guess this life style change is working

Post by twomillenium »

Today marks two weeks without sugar. Running 3 miles a day...no meat, dairy or flour. No caffeine! The change has been fantastic! I feel great! Zero candy, cakes, coffee, alcohol! A healthy diet, a healthy VEGAN diet, gluten-free, caffeine-free, sugar-free, and an hour workout every day!!!

Now, I don't know whose status this is, but I was really proud of them. So, I decided to copy and paste.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I guess this life style change is working

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

"rlol"

In all seriousness, I’ve cut down my Dr Pepper by a ton, only had three or so in the last three to four weeks. Drinking a ton of water. That makes a difference, I’ll tell ya what
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

:biggrinjester:

I must say, you had me going for a minute there. I got to the Vegan part and thought no way I could do that...

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:"rlol"

In all seriousness, I’ve cut down my Dr Pepper by a ton, only had three or so in the last three to four weeks. Drinking a ton of water. That makes a difference, I’ll tell ya what
I have a friend who was having a hard time loosing weight. When we sat down and figured her daily intake, it included 7 Dr. Peppers! Go figure.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

twomillenium wrote:Today marks two weeks without sugar. Running 3 miles a day...no meat, dairy or flour. No caffeine! The change has been fantastic! I feel great! Zero candy, cakes, coffee, alcohol! A healthy diet, a healthy VEGAN diet, gluten-free, caffeine-free, sugar-free, and an hour workout every day!!!

Now, I don't know whose status this is, but I was really proud of them. So, I decided to copy and paste.
Thanks I needed a good laugh.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I was fixing to offer my condolences. I’m glad you finally clarified your post.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

:lol: :lol: :smilelol5: "rlol"
I recall a skit by the Smothers Brothers about someone who became a health obsessed person
I believe they had a song "He was healthy when he died"
and Tommy said the guy's tombstone said "He died for no reason at all" It wasn't drinking, smoking, diet, weight, no reason ... he was healthy when he died"

I quit smoking in 2010 pr 2011 after a friend I was going kayakng with developed lung cancer ... I joined the YMCA a couple years ago ... some day I'll go inside ... I do need to weigh a bit less.

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

You said vegan in Texas :lol::
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

Vegan just means more 'meat' for me.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

I'm very happy I skipped the flu shot this year. I got the bug, was on my butt for about 4 days, and it was another week after that before I was worth shooting. Even then, I didn't exactly qualify for major caliber.

When I collected myself from the flu, I discovered I'd broken the Dr. Pepper and heavy eating habits. Now, six weeks later, I'm down ten pounds. You can't tell from looking. My belt is in two notches and my clothes are looser, but the weight has come off proportionately. I still cast a rotund shadow. It doesn't show, but there's less of me.

For those struggling to lose weight, I feel your pain. Me, these days I count calories to make sure I get enough. I could be happy with 800 calories a day, but that's not healthy. I make sure I get 1500-1800 and settle for about a quarter pound a day lost weight.

How that change of perception came about from getting sick, I haven't a clue. I've never been able to diet. Start eating healthy and I'd get very ill, quick.

Kind of nice, though, getting finished with supper, realizing I'm at 1300 calories for the day, and balancing things out with a Sprite.

Never a Dr. Pepper, and after the way Dr. Pepper treated the Dublin Bottling Company, I don't shed a tear.

It's been 48 days since my last Dr. Pepper.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

treadlightly,

For many, many years I carefully watched what I ate.

I remained trim and light as my high school weight.

Now, in my 70's I don't bother.

I eat what and when I want.

Have I gained weight?

Oh yeah, but I just don't give a darn.

Usually, most in my family die in their 60's, and some even earlier.

I've already had cancer (melanoma - removed over 35 years ago, but a few cells could be latent) so I think pretty much every day is nearing my last. I'm not depressed, just willing to face facts.

So, sacrifice having that bowl of ice cream ...Nope, or have an extra helping of whatever if I want?

Yup!

Now, if I could only shed the annoying and painful exercising, that I still do. (just not as vigorously) It's a sorta pain I can't get rid of...

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Abraham wrote:treadlightly,

For many, many years I carefully watched what I ate.

I remained trim and light as my high school weight.

Now, in my 70's I don't bother.

I eat what and when I want.

Have I gained weight?

Oh yeah, but I just don't give a darn.

Usually, most in my family die in their 60's, and some even earlier.

I've already had cancer (melanoma - removed over 35 years ago, but a few cells could be latent) so I think pretty much every day is nearing my last. I'm not depressed, just willing to face facts.

So, sacrifice having that bowl of ice cream ...Nope, or have an extra helping of whatever if I want?

Yup!

Now, if I could only shed the annoying and painful exercising, that I still do. (just not as vigorously) It's a sorta pain I can't get rid of...
Looking good, Abraham!
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

I had my annual physical 2 weeks ago and for the first time in my 50 years I was diagnosed with diabetes. The doctor decided NOT to put me on medication YET. He told me to cut out all sugars, including my beloved Dr. Peppers and any rice. He told me to lose at least 10 pounds before I come back in 3 months. So I have stopped drinking Dr. Peppers and completely cut out rice. No fast foods, a lot of seafood and salads. I am not going vegan!!! I have already lost 9 pounds, but I don't plan on stopping at 10. I could definitely lose 40 pounds to get down to my "healthy weight". Giving up the soda has been actually pretty easy, but drinking unsweet tea as opposed to sweet has been harder, so I mainly just drink water. My job requires more walking than a postman, so I haven't started any more exercises than I already did before. As much as I hate to admit it, just giving up the Dr. Peppers has probably helped more than the dieting has. Btw, I was drinking about 3 sodas a day during the week and 4-5 on the weekends. I never was a big alcohol drinker, so that has been no problem either. Diabetes runs in the family so this was not big shock, but hopefully can control it with diet.
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I gave up Dr. Pepper and really any carbonated drinks several years ago because the doc said it "could" be what was causing all of the kidney stones. Now, don't know if that was it, but haven't had a stone since and that was over 10 years ago (knock on wood here). Really didn't miss any of that. However, I decided to try to eat healthier and by doing so cutting out/down on sugar. This meant cutting out my sweet tea. That was tough and I still backslide occasionally and have a glass but I have acquired a taste for good unsweet tea now (I know, not really Texan but what can I say). I lost about 20 lbs. but decided like Abraham, I was older and most of my family lived to be in their 80's -90's eating fried chicken, chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and such. I am in my 60's now, went through prostate cancer treatments and so I went back to eating pretty much what I want. Still drink the unsweet tea though.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I really like vegetarians. Those are the only animals I like to eat.

Are pigs consider vegetarians? I will just assume that and go with it.

Return to “Off-Topic”