Losing this poll - help needed

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Losing this poll - help needed

Post by anygunanywhere »

My voting finger went like binary trigger bumpstock.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

TomV
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TomV »

Voted
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Voted and will pass around. 54.7% Yes when I voted.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

It only let me vote once, but it was at 55.5% YES after I did.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I see the talking point in a few places has shifted to "semi-auto" as a whole. That's not good.
Psalm 91:2

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Results now 55.7% yes. http://www.meadvilletribune.com/ Poll is now on the right side bar.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

56.2 Yes
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

56.3 yes
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I didn't notice the actual numbers voting before. They are still pretty low at 342 NO - 443 YES
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

strogg

Post by strogg »

I got my yes in. Is there something special about the Meadville Tribune that I'm missing?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

strogg wrote:I got my yes in. Is there something special about the Meadville Tribune that I'm missing?
Andy (OP) doesn't like to lose in anything. :biggrinjester:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Zane

Post by Zane »

56.9% yes now

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

Still 56.9
:txflag: :patriot:

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

SQLGeek wrote:I see the talking point in a few places has shifted to "semi-auto" as a whole. That's not good.
I had a discussion with a friend last night about it. He's a reasonable person, Holds a PHD, Works as a programmer... Very smart.

We started with him calling for much stricter background checks. I asked him to define much stricter. He described the process that exists. He said every state is different, I explained that the background check was federal there are no differences between states. He then said he could go to another state and buy a gun at a gun show with no background check. I explained to him that purchasing a gun from a dealer had to go through a background check, and that if he had purchased a gun in another state that the gun had to be transferred to him through a FFL in his state.

He went on about AR15's being Assault Rifles that shouldn't be purchased by civilians. I explained the A was for Armalite not Assault. He tried to equate it to a machine gun. I pointed out long guns in their entirety comprised a very small percent of mass shootings, that hand guns made up the bulk. And that as far as deaths go, blunt objects far surpassed guns of any type.

By the end of the conversation he had given up on the AR15 issue and replaced it with the word Semi Automatic... Showing the real foundation of his beliefs. It's not surprising. He's Austrian, grew up in Austria. He's only been in the US 8 years or so. But if someone as bright as he is, and that I know well enough that he isn't playing dumb about his agenda, is so wrong on the basics of what he believes of the issue then the Anti's are going to be able to dupe quite a few people into believing.

We also touched on person to person transactions not being ran through a BG check. I told him it's illegal for me to sell a firearm to someone I know can't pass a background check. So he dropped that one fairly quickly.

Return to “Off-Topic”