Open letter to Hollywood

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Open letter to Hollywood

Post by twomillenium »

I have seen this going around for a while, I agree and thought I would post it here.

Dear Hollywood celebrities,
You exist for my entertainment. Some of you are great eye candy. Some of you can deliver a line with such conviction that you bring tears to my eyes. Some of you can scare the crap out of me. Others make me laugh. But you all have one thing in common, you only have a place in my world to entertain me. That’s it. You make your living pretending to be someone else. Playing dress up like a 6 year old. You live in a make believe world in front of a camera. And often when you are away from one too. Your entire existence depends on my patronage. I’ll crank the organ grinder; you dance. I don’t really care where you stand on issues. Honestly, your stance matters far less to me than that of my neighbor. You see, you aren’t real. I turn off my TV or shut down my computer and you cease to exist in my world. Once I am done with you, I can put you back in your little box until I want you to entertain me again. I don’t care that you don't like Mr.Trump. But I bet you looked cute saying it. Get back into your bubble. I’ll let you know when I’m in the mood for something blue and shiny. And I'm also supposed to care that you will leave this great country if Trump becomes president? Ha. Please don't forget to close the door behind you. We'd like to reserve your seat for someone who loves this country and really wants to be here. Make me laugh, or cry. Scare me. But realize that the only words of yours that matter are scripted. I might agree with some of you from time to time, but it doesn’t matter. In my world, you exist solely for my entertainment.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Open letter to Hollywood

Post by Beiruty »

I never understood why guns and killing are considered an entertainment by liberals? That is especially by Hollywood and Games industry.
In Lebanon, each other house has 1 or more fully automatic rifle and we never heard about school mass shootings.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Chemist45 »

Twomillenium,
I'll add athletes to the actors, and that includes the spoiled babies at the Olympics.
Ski, Skate, Dance or Curl - I don't care who you voted for.
And if I have to put up with your political bull, I will turn the TV off.
BTW, how are the ratings for the Olympics this year?
Uh huh - thought so.

Topic author
twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Post by twomillenium »

Olympics? I thought they were held in the summer months, when I go off grid.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “Off-Topic”