Dick's to stop selling assault style rifles.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Dick's to stop selling assault style rifles.

Post by twomillenium »

Went into Dick's once and after some price comparison, I realize why they named the store.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by puma guy »

Oldgringo wrote:The last time I darkened the doors of a Dick's was in Salt Lake City where I purchased two bricks oh CCI Standard Velocity .22 for my beloved CZ 452's. IIRC I paid $30 for each brick. Does that give any clue as to how long ago that was?
The last time I was there was during deer hunting season. I was looking for Federal .270 130gr Sierra BTSP ammo. They didn't carry it, but I saw a bin of Federal Auto Match .22LR 325rnd marked 2 for $20. The young man rang them up at $18.99 a carton. I took him to the bin and showed him the sign. He said it was wrong but he would ring them up at 2 for $20. Well, thank you very much! :lol: He removed the sign. BTW I haven't been back so I guess I can say that will be my last visit EVER to Dick's
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

bbhack
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bbhack »

backfiring.gif

Just how does one boycott the NRA, anyway?
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

teddy salad

Post by teddy salad »

So if Dick's swings to the left now I'll just keep my cell phone in my right pocket. No big deal.

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

Add Walmart to the list. Never thought I would see the day that Walmart would do this! :banghead:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

1911 Raptor wrote:How can dicks stop selling what they never sold in the first place (assualt rifles).
After Sandy Hook, Dick's stopped selling ARs, but continued through their "Field & Stream" chain. They have stopped that now.

But if you think they care about a boycott, forget it, guns/ammo is less than 8% of Dick's sales.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

I never saw a real reason for shopping there and pay for overprized merchandize!
In regards to the topic subject I think they have the right to stop selling particular items but showing a political interest will surely keep a group of customers away from the business. Not sure how smart the management at Dick's is.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I just unsubscribed from their emailing list
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

philip964

Post by philip964 »

I am some how reminded of the Dixie Chicks.

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

If a business decides not to sell something, that is their choice. I also have a choice not to shop at any business.
However, when a business calls for a nationwide ban, then that is blatant liberal politics.
So, I posted thoughts similar to this on Facebook and followed Chas. lead and offered to pay for five NRA memberships for anyone for the first year. Will also be sending funds to NRA-ILA.
Just my way to counter the liberal aggression on our rights.
Also emailed my representatives earlier this week.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Pete92FS

Post by Pete92FS »

Beiruty wrote:I just unsubscribed from their emailing list
Same here - when asked why I stated due to their new policy on not selling AR’s and high capacity mags and that I would be boycotting all Dick’s related stores
CHL since 01/26/09

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Pete92FS wrote:
Beiruty wrote:I just unsubscribed from their emailing list
Same here - when asked why I stated due to their new policy on not selling AR’s and standard capacity mags and that I would be boycotting all Dick’s related stores
I fixed it for you.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

oohrah wrote:
1911 Raptor wrote:How can dicks stop selling what they never sold in the first place (assualt rifles).
After Sandy Hook, Dick's stopped selling ARs, but continued through their "Field & Stream" chain. They have stopped that now.

But if you think they care about a boycott, forget it, guns/ammo is less than 8% of Dick's sales.
Some of us have kids who play sports. Some of us also play sports ourselves (golf in my case). We buy more than just guns and ammo. And we don't buy anything from places that refuse to respect our civil rights.

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

oohrah wrote:
1911 Raptor wrote: But if you think they care about a boycott, forget it, guns/ammo is less than 8% of Dick's sales.
A boycott should equal more than just guns/ammo sales. When they quit selling "assault rifles" after Sandy Hook, I quit shopping there. Never purchased a firearm from them, but they lost out on sales of lacrosse and baseball equipment for my son, fishing equipment, camping equipment, as well as clothing and shoe purchases.

Return to “Off-Topic”