Demand is up - prices steady for the moment

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Scott B.
Posts in topic: 1

Demand is up - prices steady for the moment

Post by Scott B. »

Checking all our distributors and the larger retailers, everybody is posting notes to expect shipping delays because demand is surging.

With uncertainty over what regulations may be coming, hard to say if it's just a bump or the beginnings of a mini-panic.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Soccerdad1995

Re: Demand is up - prices steady for the moment

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Scott B. wrote:Checking all our distributors and the larger retailers, everybody is posting notes to expect shipping delays because demand is surging.

With uncertainty over what regulations may be coming, hard to say if it's just a bump or the beginnings of a mini-panic.
If we start to see shortages, then prices will move up on both guns and ammo to compensate. When we start to see real inability to get these, and/or price spikes, we will be in panic mode. I'm just shocked that we are not already in full blown panic mode given the inane commentary coming from our President. I expect illogical drivel from the left, but I thought he was now on the right. Maybe he is moving back to his roots as a Democrat?

Heard on Fox news this morning that the latest proposals include mandatory background checks for all internet gun purchases. This is a great idea! In fact, why don't the Republicans introduce a bill that requires this along with registration of all automatic weapons, and a number of other things that are currently law. They could float this as a compromise solution and the Dem's would think they were actually getting something new since most all of them are completely ignorant about the laws they want to change.

stroo

Post by stroo »

The Internet background check would require that any private sales done through sites like this one could only be completed after a background check. That is a significant change in the law.

apostate

Post by apostate »

The FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System, a barometer for gun purchases, shows that in February checks for sales in Florida were up 3.5 percent year over year. There was a 12.6 percent increase in long guns
I apologize in advance for quoting from bloomberg.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

My son was telling me he's sold every AR he could get his hands on, told me they were all lower end ARs, the upper end ARs aren't really moving yet!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

The longer the topic of "gun control" stays in the news, the more momentum builds towards a panic buy situation. There are many of us that pretty much have what we need, and might look to topping up the ammunition stock or getting into night vision.

But, another 10 -20 30 round AR mags is never a bad thing!

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Return to “Off-Topic”