Kroger won't sell guns to anyone under 21

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Kroger won't sell guns to anyone under 21

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

At first I thought this was a joke, but then I read that Kroger's owns Fred Meyers stores. They are in the Northwest, among other places and are more like a Wal Mart from what I remember. Anyhow, time to shift our grocery shopping back to HEB. We had moved to Kroger based on HEB's OC policy, and support of the NFL. The wife will be happy, she strongly prefers HEB.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companie ... ocid=ientp

allisji
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Kroger won't sell guns to anyone under 21

Post by allisji »

maybe she was onto something.

https://youtu.be/gYhA-cUjqDE?t=59s
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

Will they still sell alcohol to teens with sketchy ID?
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

You know, the more I think about all the companies doing this, the more I think about all the mom and pop shops that should be saying "Thank you!"
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

To me, this seems like a silly thing for Kroger to do given that firearm sales are a tiny portion of their business while risking angering many grocery customers who didn't even realize they sold them and who appreciated them for standing up to Moms Demand Action a few years ago.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

DEB

Post by DEB »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:At first I thought this was a joke, but then I read that Kroger's owns Fred Meyers stores. They are in the Northwest, among other places and are more like a Wal Mart from what I remember. Anyhow, time to shift our grocery shopping back to HEB. We had moved to Kroger based on HEB's OC policy, and support of the NFL. The wife will be happy, she strongly prefers HEB.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companie ... ocid=ientp
I thought it was a joke as well. I had another image in my mind like, "Piggly Wiggly won't sell guns to anyone under 21". I was also thinking what a great marketing ploy, a grocery store not selling firearms to anyone under 21 and getting Liberals to flock to their store. Thanks for increasing my knowledge.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

Topic author
Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

BBYC wrote:Will they still sell alcohol to teens with sketchy ID?
I'm still waiting for gas stations to stop selling gas to anyone under 21. Far more teens die while driving vehicles than from shootings of any type. If we really want to prevent teen deaths, an age restriction on gasoline purchases would have far greater benefit, while also not infringing on anyone's fundamental rights.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

I was trying to remember what aisle they were on. Maybe next to home goods...?
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Apparently, it is very easy to become a forensic investigator. Or maybe she's a fornesic investigator.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Off-Topic”