Average age?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

What is your age?

<18
1%
18-21
No votes
22-25
1%
26-30
3%
31-35
7%
36-40
7%
41-45
8%
46-50
13%
51-55
12%
56-60
16%
61-65
15%
66-70
9%
>70
9%

Total votes: 140

Topic author
Zook
Posts in topic: 3

Average age?

Post by Zook »

Hey everyone. I read over the forum rules, and didn’t see anything that would prohibit me posting this thread (feel free to notify me or report me to a moderator if I am wrong). I was curious as to what the average age for the majority of users on this forum are, I’m getting the feeling most people are a bit older than I am. So I created a poll out of curiosity
Last edited by Zook on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I’d rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Average age?

Post by anygunanywhere »

What poll?
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
Zook

Post by Zook »

anygunanywhere wrote:What poll?
Sorry it was messed up I fixed it

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Why don’t you use the forum’s built in poll feature: How Do I Create a Poll?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Zook

Post by Zook »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Why don’t you use the forum’s built in poll feature: How Do I Create a Poll?
Didn’t see that, thank you. Created.

thatguyoverthere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by thatguyoverthere »

Did you want the age we actually are, or the age we would like to be? :lol:

Good idea for a poll. I submitted my "vote."

Even though you didn't ask, I'll tell ya. I'm old, but have only had my LTC for about 3 years. Been around mostly long guns and shotguns most of my adult life. Never was around guns as a youngster or teenager. No one in my immediate or extended family were People of the Gun. Anyway, I got the idea a few years ago to get my CHL and start carrying "just because I could." Seemed then (and still does) like a good enough reason to me! :thumbs2:

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

It seems someone creates a poll like this every two or three years.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

thatguyoverthere

Post by thatguyoverthere »

Pawpaw wrote:It seems someone creates a poll like this every two or three years.
You're exactly right, Pawpaw. In fact, my wife and I just coincidentally covered that very idea in our scripture reading for tonight:

"What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun."
Ecclesiastes 1:9

But what the heck. Seems to me it's easier (and more fun and better experience) for a new guy to create a repeat poll every now and then than it is to try to search thru the archives to find the old one! :cheers2:

BLG

Post by BLG »

Pawpaw wrote:It seems someone creates a poll like this every two or three years.
I don't remember seeing this particular subject before, but now I'm kinda curious myself.

(eta). Then again, there are a lot of things I don't remember. :confused5

jason812

Post by jason812 »

I guess this validates the reason why you don't start a fight with an old man. :biggrinjester:
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

flechero

Post by flechero »

I'm now closer to 50 than 40... but the question I'd be more interested in was at what age did you get your CHL, now LTC. I was 30- and have had if for 16yrs. Although for the older people, it wasn't an option when they were young

jason812

Post by jason812 »

flechero wrote:I'm now closer to 50 than 40... but the question I'd be more interested in was at what age did you get your CHL, now LTC. I was 30- and have had if for 16yrs. Although for the older people, it wasn't an option when they were young
That would be interesting to see. Can't believe I waited until I was 36 but wanting to be able to protect my kids is what pushed me. In 3 years I haven't gone out in public without a pistol. Seems like a crazy idea now to not have one with me.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

thatguyoverthere wrote:Seems to me it's easier (and more fun and better experience) for a new guy to create a repeat poll every now and then than it is to try to search thru the archives to find the old one! :cheers2:
That's true. The forum is so big it can be very hard to locate something, especially when all you have to search by are general terms.
BLG wrote:
I don't remember seeing this particular subject before, but now I'm kinda curious myself.

(eta). Then again, there are a lot of things I don't remember. :confused5
Who are you? For that matter, who am I??? :headscratch

I found one from 2011 that ran for 2-1/2 years: https://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic ... &hilit=age
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Well, my age changed since the last poll :mrgreen: , I voted again.
As for how long I have been carrying, with a CHL-22 years. A while longer without a CHL
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

I got my CHL at 22.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Return to “Off-Topic”