The Joy and Necessity of Driving Liberals Nuts

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

dragun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Joy and Necessity of Driving Liberals Nuts

Post by dragun »

He has become one of my favorites. Hilariously funny but almost always right on target.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

He is usually on point with his ideas but I just don't like the guy...maybe he's just too much of an abrasive jerk for me...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

ScottDLS » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:56 pm
You all have to read Schlichter’s two novels Peoples Republic and Indian Country.
This week I tried to "read" (listen on Audible) Schlichter's Peoples Republic and I had to stop. I was reading fiction because I was getting twisted up watching the news. Schlichter's description of the Peoples Republic seemed too much like the current news. I may go back to it but for now, I am on to something more fictional.

Your mileage may vary
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

mayor

Post by mayor »

ScottDLS wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:56 pm You all have to read Schlichter’s two novels Peoples Republic and Indian Country.
Schilchter has 5 Kelly Turnbull novels and all are funny as heck. When I started reading them, I thought he was really exaggerating to BE funny. Nope he was aware of the libtards long before I was. Now, they read like a playbook.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chasfm11 »

ScottDLS wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:56 pm You all have to read Schlichter’s two novels Peoples Republic and Indian Country.
Actually, the Kelly Turnbull series that Schlicter wrote is up to 8 and those of us following him closely are eagerly awaiting #9.

While I think he does a great job of mocking our opposition, even he doesn't define there "essence" well enough to cover all of the people who identify with it. I admit that I cannot either. Of the worst that I love to hate is Jessica Tarlov on Fox News. She has a greater level of intellect than many and yet she can set there being a foil for Greg Gutfeld and continue to say what she says. Nothing drives her nuts or at least nothing appears to get a reaction from her.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Abraham wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:12 pm MaduroBU,

"Most on this site are liberals."

I heartily disagree, however I'm open to a new interpretation of what defines a person as a liberal.

Please elaborate as your definition of liberal is simply foreign to me.

Thanks!

P.S. or are you just having fun trying to get a rise...knowing none on this site are any variety of commie? (some times erroneously referred to as 'liberals'...)
My definitions:

Liberal- prefers new ideas for new or old problems. The old way is bad.
Conservative- prefers old ideas for new or old problems. The new way is bad.

Pragmatist- prefers ideas that work for new or old problems

I am a pragmatist.

LIberals have their place. I suspect the founding fathers were liberal. The loyalists were conservative.

I don't out right reject all liberal new ideas. Teaching science along with reading writing and arithmetic was a good new liberal idea. I was taught to write cursive in ink with a stick pen from an ink well at the top of my desk ( you probably remember that hole at the top of the desk and wondered what it was for) when I was in the forth grade. Ending that policy was probably a good new liberal idea. Teaching sexuality to kindergarteners is a bad new liberal idea. The conservative way is so much better. Ending free speech is a bad new liberal idea. Ending free speech is a cancer taking over former free counties all over the world. Who would have ever though free speech would be under attack everywhere.

The problem is trying new ideas, especially stupid ones, create most times, chaos and disaster, before people wake up and say, no that is a bad idea, worse sometimes there is no turning back.

Seizing all the guns in the country from law abiding citizens is one of those liberal disasters that you cannot correct afterwards. If you believe that all the newcomers in the last three years will be sent home, I have a bridge to sell you in Baltimore.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chasfm11 »

Actually, there are 8 books in the Kelly Turnbull series
https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/kurt-schlichter/

My wife and I are eagerly awaiting #9.

I'm not sure that annoying Liberals is a good thing. Sure, it is satisfying. But my opinion is that they already use a lot more energy than Conservatives to further their ends. "Encouraging" them to go in greater numbers to the ballot box is self-defeating. In the recent Virginia House and Senate elections, where the Governor hoped to flip them both to Republican control, he lost control of both due to highly energized Abortion Rights advertising by the Democrats. Ultimately, it is about who can get their "base" the most fired up to vote. Especially in the "down ballot" races where a lot of the power over our daily lives lies, we in the Grass Roots groups have lost a lot because a higher ticket race drew voters. with the sharp divide between camps, just a few votes can swing an election. I view many liberals as zombies. They operate with almost no common sense. An for the few that do display any sense of reality, their common sense is wiped out by the "orange man bad"type of propaganda. The rats would follow one another off the cliff rather act in their own best interests. We don't need to energize that any more.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “Off-Topic”