Kroger Stop Magazines With Assault Rifles

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Abraham
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Kroger Stop Magazines With Assault Rifles

Post by Abraham »

TAM,

Do you mean 30.07?
I think, HEB was always ok with CC, but not OC.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Abraham wrote:TAM,

Do you mean 30.07?
I think, HEB was always ok with CC, but not OC.
No. This predates OC by several years. I could do the work for you, but I’m feeling lazy. But it was definitely 30.06.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

"Then two major businesses—Bob Perry home-builders and H-E-B groceries—stepped forward to kill the sanctuary cities legislation."

I don't understand...kill what legislation?

For or against sanctuary cities?

Plus, why are businesses getting involved anyway?

I'm sure they realize getting political is going to affect their market share with those grocery shoppers who have different political views....

Thanks!

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

TAM,

No problem.

Of course, at this time they're ok with CC.

Who knows what the future has in store...

LDB415
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LDB415 »

Apparently Kroger and Target are in merger talks. Even more reason to stop shopping Kroger.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Abraham wrote:"Then two major businesses—Bob Perry home-builders and H-E-B groceries—stepped forward to kill the sanctuary cities legislation."

I'm sure they realize getting political is going to affect their market share with those grocery shoppers who have different political views....

Thanks!
Every day I go to work and I meet with a number of colleagues. I have 20 people on my extended team who I talk to every week at our staff meeting. And yet I somehow manage to do my job without making political statements of any type. Why can't our grocery stores just sell groceries instead of advocating for the restriction of civil rights? Why can't actors just do their job of pretending to be other people instead of also being community activists? Why can't athletes just run fast, throw accurately, jump and catch a ball like they are being paid so darn well to do? Why is it so hard for these people to just do their jobs?

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

So possibly kroger partners with target stores so then they too will have rest rooms for those men 'who enjoy being a girl' (other than what their DNA says) eh...?

Why can't businesses butt out of politics?

They're bound to lose business when they wade into the political arena as is evidenced by those on this forum (rightly, cuz it their dollars) vowing to abandon shopping at kroger.

As for me, I've stayed with HEB as I can OC other places where I really care to. (and I do at times, like at gas stations while filling up or in unloading in the parking lot of Walmart or Academy etc.)

That I can't OC (but yes I can CC) inside HEB or Whataburger never tripped my boycott switch...

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 7

Post by bblhd672 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Abraham wrote:"Then two major businesses—Bob Perry home-builders and H-E-B groceries—stepped forward to kill the sanctuary cities legislation."

Thanks!
Every day I go to work and I meet with a number of colleagues. I have 20 people on my extended team who I talk to every week at our staff meeting. And yet I somehow manage to do my job without making political statements of any type. Why can't our grocery stores just sell groceries instead of advocating for the restriction of civil rights? Why can't actors just do their job of pretending to be other people instead of also being community activists? Why can't athletes just run fast, throw accurately, jump and catch a ball like they are being paid so darn well to do? Why is it so hard for these people to just do their jobs?
I could answer your questions but no one wants to hear a sermon about the widening influence of Satan upon the earth.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

TxRVer wrote:HEB supports sanctuary cities. It's getting so you can't shop anywhere.
I really hate to be the bearer of bad news but we around here are in the minority. Anyone who isn't one of the militant left pretty much only cares about their cell phone, facebook, and their next meal.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I would hope (yeah, yeah I know) FBers will now bail out of using FB, if of course they have Conservative value system.

FB is evil, controlling and leftist.

Leave them.

You can do it even if addicted...

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Abraham wrote:I would hope (yeah, yeah I know) FBers will now bail out of using FB, if of course they have Conservative value system.

FB is evil, controlling and leftist.

Leave them.

You can do it even if addicted...
I never started. I'm not on any social media.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Abraham wrote:TAM,

No problem.

Of course, at this time they're ok with CC.

Who knows what the future has in store...
It may well be that HEB later changed their policy and took down the 30.06 signs. This was a number of years ago.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”