Have a beer for the fallen

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
SkullCop
Posts in topic: 1

Have a beer for the fallen

Post by SkullCop »

I saw an add and had to look this place up. I am not a huge beer drinker but I am going to give this a try.
https://www.dogtagbrewing.org/

This was copied from the Ad:
How awesome!!! So this is a beer made by DogTag Brewing Company and on each beer is info on a fallen military victim an how they died for their country! Even better is that from every beer sold, proceeds from each is donated to these victims families..Think I just found my new favorite brewery!

lama

Re: Have a beer for the fallen

Post by lama »

Am I not using the system right or do they not sell beer in any of the major Texas cities?

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

or coffee - De Espresso Liber

Post by flechero »

Looks like a great business... hope they start selling near me, I'd buy.

Similar business model to De Espresso Liber, except Alex custom roasts coffee... and darn good coffee, roasted to order. The Gold Star Blends are great- and all I drink.

https://www.deespressoliber.com/collect ... tar-blends

Sorry for the quasi hijack

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

"Victims"??? Never, ever have I heard any military member refer to themselves or a fallen brother as a "victim".

They may have "fallen victim" to an attack of some kind, but none that I knew would ever identify themselves or others as "victims".
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Pawpaw,

I agree.

Victim...?

Puh-leeze...

To be fair, in a very quick look at the website/link, I didn't see the word 'victim', though perhaps it may be there...

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

I have a problem exploiting the sacrifice of these young men and women in the form of a beer label under the guise of donating 100% of profit from a non-profit. Want to show your appreciation, donate your time or write a check directly to legitimate organizations doing good work for veterans and families - Trident House, Lone Survivor Foundation, or the Chris Kyle Frog Foundation.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Or, if you know a recent Vet (or old one for that matter) who needs help, help.

Beer labels is one goofy gimmick and one I'm not likely to trust.

flechero

you two missed the point

Post by flechero »

If one is going to buy beer on occasion anyway, what's wrong with a bit of the proceeds going to a business that gives to causes we believe in? I can promise you one thing, most breweries are keeping 100% of the profits. I routinely shop with veteran owned businesses... often spending more for what I need, just because I believe in the owner or want to support those who served this great nation.

I think it's pretty crappy to belittle a business that supports families of fallen soldiers and then to suggest that only certain organizations you like are worthy. They are a 501(c)(3). Not likely some dishonest gimmick. Do you get up in arms about all businesses that give profits to good causes or support charities? Go read the team's bios on their website- and then rethink your statements about them... that untrustworthy, gimmick pushing group is comprised of decorated combat vets, marine aviators, etc.... not to mention they have turned their business into a charity... so how much do you really give, compared to this group?

I am grateful for whatever amount of time or money you give to your chosen charities... because it's that much more than they would have otherwise had... but remember there will always be someone else who thinks that what you are doing, is not enough.

:tiphat:

Return to “Off-Topic”