Rocks not Glocks!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Rocks not Glocks!

Post by Flightmare »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/23/pe ... oters.html
Blue Mountain School District Superintendent David Helsel made headlines recently after testifying to lawmakers at the state capitol that his students could be armed with rocks in case of an active shooter lockdown.

“Every classroom has been equipped with a five-gallon bucket of river stone,” Helsel told lawmakers. “If an armed intruder attempts to gain entrance into any of our classrooms, they will face a classroom full students armed with rocks and they will be stoned.”
I suppose that maybe? counts as a force multiplier. I would guess the average K-12 student these days isn't very accurate at all, unless they could use their smart phone in order to target it.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Soccerdad1995

Re: Rocks not Glocks!

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

A rock is better than nothing, I guess. BTW, an unloaded Glock is essentially a big rock.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Hold it!

Throwing slow fps rocks is simply the same thing as shooting, but far slower projectiles...brilliant.

My gawd the stupid depresses me...

DEB

Post by DEB »

At least they are considering fighting, instead of just teaching students to hide. Get 20 or so young people throwing rocks will surely ruin that active shooter's fantasy of control and mayhem. I personally never believed in this whole Run, Hide, Fight. They also need to teach to take said rocks and use them as clubs and pile on the active shooting miscreant and brain him. If everyone started throwing rocks and attacked the individual, I believe a whole lot less would wind up being shot and especially killed. Good job Superintendent!
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

Bruin98

Post by Bruin98 »

I read something about kids using soup cans.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Don’t bring rocks and cans to a gun fight. Why are there so many morons involved in the indoctrination...er, education system?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Well, because they are as you so astutely surmised, morons...

apostate

Post by apostate »

John 8:7

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

Let's not be too hasty to judge. Rocks might actually be the most advanced weapon system available in rural Pennsylvania.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

To use the anti's logic against them, what's to stop a student from grabbing a rock and attacking a fellow student or teacher?
Psalm 91:2

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

DEB wrote:At least they are considering fighting, instead of just teaching students to hide. Get 20 or so young people throwing rocks will surely ruin that active shooter's fantasy of control and mayhem. I personally never believed in this whole Run, Hide, Fight. They also need to teach to take said rocks and use them as clubs and pile on the active shooting miscreant and brain him. If everyone started throwing rocks and attacked the individual, I believe a whole lot less would wind up being shot and especially killed. Good job Superintendent!
I agree with this line of thinking, 1 rock vs 1 gun isn’t much of a fight. 500 rocks vs a gun changes things. The most important of those things being it’s ok to fight back.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

MaduroBU wrote:Let's not be too hasty to judge. Rocks might actually be the most advanced weapon system available in rural Pennsylvania.
Perhaps not. Blue Mountain is about half way between Harrisburg and Allentown on I-78. Nearby Lancaster County (were I obtained my non-res PA CCW) has about 10% of its population with concealed licenses. I don't have the statistics for Dauphin County (Harrisburg) I won't be surprised to see its concealed license rate similar to Lancaster and for similar reasons. It is also hunting area and I suspect there are a lot of long guns.

About the OP. I have a permanent teaching certification in PA. I can tell you that when I was employed as a teacher many years ago there (Bucks County), the administration was as unable to connect dots as the Blue Mountain superintendent. He is by no means unique. We have layers of stupidity to go through to try to improve the safety of our kids in school.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “Off-Topic”