UK having problems with murder

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Pilgrim
Posts in topic: 3

UK having problems with murder

Post by Pilgrim »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/04/05 ... nough.html

[quote]The UK has some of the toughest gun laws in the world and we are determined to keep it that way," the office said.

"Let me be clear -- there is no reason to carry a knife. To anyone who does, they will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law," Khan said./quote]

So how is that working UK? :roll:

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: UK having problems with murder

Post by C-dub »

It appears that the only people in England that are allowed to defend themselves are the police. And even that's a bit iffy sometimes.

I wonder how long the waiting period is to buy a kitchen knife. I can't even imagine what that background check is like. :banghead:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

I believe iffy is right, not even all police officers are allowed to carry.
I would think they would understand that gun control did not decrease murder rates but rather left good citizens defenseless.

Topic author
Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

[quote Today, fewer than one in 20 police officers in England and Wales carries a gun. (The police carry weapons in Northern Ireland.) These two territories employ 124,000 police officers, including only 5,600 authorized firearms officers. Armed officers very rarely discharge their weapons—there are generally only a handful of incidents per year. /quote]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com/998 ... -guns/amp/

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

29695237_1954876857886686_8063350925323703999_n.jpg
NRA Member

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Ya, your right! Ask a liberal if they would rather die from a gunshot of several knife stabs. Because you will exchange one for the other!

Point: Bad people will do bad things....
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

Grundy1133 wrote:
29695237_1954876857886686_8063350925323703999_n.jpg
Even Homer gets it...jeez...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

TreyHouston wrote:Ya, your right! Ask a liberal if they would rather die from a gunshot of several knife stabs. Because you will exchange one for the other!

Point: Bad people will do bad things....
Very True!

But gun crime is surging too: Gun crime in London increases by 42% (2017)
Martin Hewitt, assistant commissioner responsible for territorial policing, said: "Similar to the rest of England and Wales, crime rates in London are rising, but many of these are still at a much lower level than five years ago and are against the backdrop of significant reductions in resources....

Sophie Linden, London's deputy mayor for policing, said: "These figures are deeply disturbing, and a stark reminder of the enormous pressure our police are under every day as they work so tirelessly to protect us."

A report from HM Inspectorate of Constabulary said it was satisfied with the Met's overall performance...
So massive increases in knife and gun crimes represent "satisfactory" performance????

Sounds like the police could use a little help from trained, armed civilians... but I guess the law abiding "subjects" of the UK can't be trusted? :nono:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

So massive increases in knife and gun crimes represent "satisfactory" performance????

Sounds like the police could use a little help from trained, armed civilians... but I guess the law abiding "subjects" of the UK can't be trusted?

Sounds like they've been taking lessons fro CNN, Fox, ABC, NBC, and CBS on how to twist the truth around
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Humans are apex predators. Humans sometimes choose to prey on other humans, and use whatever tools are available to assist in these efforts. As someone averse to being preyed upon, I count among my blessings the ability to (within the law, no less) carry tools that allow me to bring deadly force to bear should I become targeted by a predator. I abhor the thought of dying in a violent encounter whatever the mechanism used -- hands, feet, bludgeons, edged tools, projectile dispensers and standing water can all be equally deadly. It also won't matter one whit to me or my family and friends whether my injury or death is due to a mass killing or being targeted individually. Any argument against guns or knives in the hands of citizens due to their lethality is a denial of the basic human right to defend oneself.

I thank God that choosing to carry appropriate tools doesn't make me a criminal (well, at least I am blessed to have a defense against prosecution). Most other places around the world don't afford their citizens/subjects such Liberty, and therefore deny what I consider a basic human right. While England played a rather large role in the age of Enlightenment and was a first-world nation others could look to as an example where the Government allows its citizen/subjects to flourish in most ways imaginable, nanny state political correctness has unfortunately taken hold with a vengeance and now there are no citizens -- all are simply subjects of the Authorities. If this is to ever change for them, it will likely take extremely dark times of truly Revolutionary action, and many lives will be lost in the process. Those lives potentially lost in conflict are a hard thing to weigh against the potential Liberty won for all (remaining) citizens. I hold tight to the original intent of the Founders of this nation in recognition of Rights and Liberty because once lost they are so hard to regain.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Return to “Off-Topic”