CARRY QUESTION

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

CARRY QUESTION

Post by WTR »

My friend works for a Company which provides inspection services for a Utiity Co. The utilities are run on a third parties land. Both the 3 Ed party and the company my friend works for prohibit the carrying of a weapon. My friend drives his private vehicle and parks in the area of a particular project along with everyone else working on the projct. I think he should be legal to carry uner while complying with the Texas Motor Vehicle Protection Act. Yea or Nay?

RedRaiderCHL
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CARRY QUESTION

Post by RedRaiderCHL »

Yes in his personal vehicle he's covered to carry and keep firearms in his vehicle but I wouldn't recommend he carry on his person after leaving his vehicle
Know guns, know peace and safety. No guns, no peace nor safety.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

And the employee parking lot law applies for keeping it in the vehicle.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Keith B wrote:And the employee parking lot law applies for keeping it in the vehicle.
I realize the weapon needs to be kept concealed and in his locked car. However, the official "employee " park lot may be 1 to 100 miles from the project site.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Liberty »

I believe the employee parking lot is where ever the employee parks. I doubt if the easement or utility right of way is posted 30.06/07 anyway. Keeping the weapon concealed should satisfy any company rules. Although it would be legal to carry with an LTC outside your vehicle. You could still be subject to discipline if you remove the firearm from the vehicle
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Liberty wrote:I believe the employee parking lot is where ever the employee parks. I doubt if the easement or utility right of way is posted 30.06/07 anyway. Keeping the weapon concealed should satisfy any company rules. Although it would be legal to carry with an LTC outside your vehicle. You could still be subject to discipline if you remove the firearm from the vehicle
This.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Liberty wrote:I believe the employee parking lot is where ever the employee parks. I doubt if the easement or utility right of way is posted 30.06/07 anyway. Keeping the weapon concealed should satisfy any company rules. Although it would be legal to carry with an LTC outside your vehicle. You could still be subject to discipline if you remove the firearm from the vehicle
This.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Colonel Angus
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Colonel Angus »

I believe a land owner has the right to prohibit firearms on their property regardless of easements.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Liberty »

Colonel Angus wrote:
I believe a land owner has the right to prohibit firearms on their property regardless of easements.
But wouldn't it have to be posted or otherwise legally notified?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Colonel Angus wrote:
Not too interested in personal beliefs right now. I'm asking if existing Texas law allows him to keep a concealed pistol locked in his car even after both the land owner and his company have expressed in writing that they do not allow fire arms. His vehicle is his private vehicle and the land is not posted.

spectre
Banned

Post by spectre »

A land owner can give oral notice or written notice. Oral notice prohibiting firearms covers both MPA and LTC.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Grundy1133 »

I didn't think you could prohibit someone from carrying in their car per the MPA... Is that incorrect?
NRA Member

spectre
Banned

Post by spectre »

Grundy1133 wrote:I didn't think you could prohibit someone from carrying in their car per the MPA... Is that incorrect?
Trespassing is trespassing.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScottDLS »

spectre wrote:A land owner can give oral notice or written notice. Oral notice prohibiting firearms covers both MPA and LTC.
Not true. That it covers MPA.

Grundy1133 wrote:I didn't think you could prohibit someone from carrying in their car per the MPA... Is that incorrect?
No, it IS correct because 30.06 only applies to carrying under the authority of your LTC. So if a parking lot is posted 30.06 and you are carrying in your vehicle then you are not violating 30.06. If 30.05 is purportedly used, then you are excepted due to having, not carrying under, LTC, so 30.05 doesn't work either.

For the employer parking lot law, the employer (utility) may not fire you (legally) for parking in their lot....that they own. However if you are parking in another employer's lot and they find out, they can presumably tell your employer you are no longer allowed to work on the property. However depending on the easements, they may not be able to use 30.05 to criminally prosecute you for doing so.

Short answer, leave it in the truck and don't worry about it.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Grundy1133 »

ScottDLS wrote:
spectre wrote:A land owner can give oral notice or written notice. Oral notice prohibiting firearms covers both MPA and LTC.
Not true. That it covers MPA.

No, it IS correct because 30.06 only applies to carrying under the authority of your LTC. So if a parking lot is posted 30.06 and you are carrying in your vehicle then you are not violating 30.06. If 30.05 is purportedly used, then you are excepted due to having, not carrying under, LTC, so 30.05 doesn't work either.

For the employer parking lot law, the employer (utility) may not fire you (legally) for parking in their lot....that they own. However if you are parking in another employer's lot and they find out, they can presumably tell your employer you are no longer allowed to work on the property. However depending on the easements, they may not be able to use 30.05 to criminally prosecute you for doing so.

Short answer, leave it in the truck and don't worry about it.
That's what I thought. I thought maybe spectre knew something I didn't. :P
NRA Member

Return to “Off-Topic”