University Installs ‘Cry Closet’

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SpringerFan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: University Installs ‘Cry Closet’

Post by SpringerFan »

My goodness, this is where we are in 2018?
I weep for the the future. Parents, let's do better.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

SpringerFan wrote:My goodness, this is where we are in 2018?
I weep for the the future. Parents, let's do better.
Hey! Hold off the weeping until you're in the closet.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

Abraham
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Abraham »

Then there are those proudly out of the closet who love to go on parade...

Pete92FS

Post by Pete92FS »

Great way to prepare the snowflakes for the real world. Worked for offshore drilling companies for almost 40 years; would loved to have seen the reaction when I went offshore and asked the toolpusher or rig manger if they had a crying room to chill out in if things got too stressful.
CHL since 01/26/09

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Life too stressful for ya?

The had a room with a special table on which Edward G. Robinson lied down on for a particular treatment in the movie "Soylent Green" perfect for you crybabies...

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Pete92FS wrote:Great way to prepare the snowflakes for the real world. Worked for offshore drilling companies for almost 40 years; would loved to have seen the reaction when I went offshore and asked the toolpusher or rig manger if they had a crying room to chill out in if things got too stressful.
I flew workers offshore in the 80's and 90's in the Gulf of Mexico and Alaska. I don't think the company man would put up with a snowflake for a minute, and the tool pusher not for a second. It's definitely no place for snowflakes in the oil patch. The only thing my passengers feared was altitude. They much preferred to fly low, giving minimum time to scream if we went down enroute. :lol:

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Unless 'snowflakes' stay in academia, life's stress will kill them out right! They've been raised to be weak. Stress is something they've been taught is too much for them. Stressed? Give up immediately. The only ones in their generation to do well with life stress are those brought up on farms/ranches and homes where expectations of being durable is the expected without wimping out. A lot of them are in our military and doing quite well.

As a young guy, I had a lot of off the wall jobs that demanded I do things (never mind the Army Infantry) that would kill yer average snowflake.

One of the most memorable, but by no means the hardest, was laying out seismic jugs in chest high water in the Atchafala swamp in Louisiana without the benefit of waders or a wetsuit in the winter while it was snowing. Hey, we were looking for oil. Yep, just get in the water without complaint, in regular work clothes and boots and do your job. I was happy it was winter, because I didn't worry about cottonmouths or alligators. Although later in life I've had lots of experience working in alligator filled waters without worry as by then I knew a lot about them. Mostly, they're timid, unless you're near an egg filled nest or hatchlings, then you'll definitely be attacked by Mom. Guess how I know this...?

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Where's the 'I hate free speech closet' or the 'I hate fascists, but I love their tactics closet'?

Or, "I'm white, male/female, from a middle class and/or wealthy family and get all goose bumpy with guilt closet"?

Or, the 'I have so much white privilege closet I can't bear up under the load of guilt closet'?

Or, the 'I'm such a weakling, hold me Mommy while i cry like the little undeserving wimp that I am closet"?

Here's the solution if you fall into one of these categories, join the military.

You'll either toughen up or die.

Try that closet...

Topic author
Jnazee
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jnazee »

Abraham wrote: Although later in life I've had lots of experience working in alligator filled waters without worry as by then I knew a lot about them. Mostly, they're timid, unless you're near an egg filled nest or hatchlings, then you'll definitely be attacked by Mom. Guess how I know this...?
Uh oh. Glad you're here to talk about it.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

I'm confused. Didn't colleges spend the late 70's and all of the 80's trying to get everybody "out of the closet"?
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I know a University that opened a room to faculty to provide comfort and counciling after the Trump victory.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

WTR,

If the utterly corrupt, female monster that ran against President Trump got elected, would there still be 'comfort rooms complete with counciling' or 'cry closets' in colleges along with fascists screaming out of the wood work?

Or, would there be an announcement that communism is how our government will be now be conducted?

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Allons wrote:I'm surprised this news is not from California.
I bet they don't do this at BYU?

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Eventually, when 'snowflakes' face their first life crisis, it'll be fun witnessing their meltdown...

Life is so hard, my parents won't replace my 50" flat screen with a 60" in "MY" room and insist I don't need an espresso machine. And they won't increase my allowance.

I'm only 26 and get this, they want me to get a job and move out.

They tell me my degree in 'womens studies' (though ok, I'm a guy, but it IS a degree) is good enough at least for me to get a job as a barista at Starbucks....They have some nerve.

Now, leave me alone while I have a good cry.

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

Pawpaw wrote:I wonder if they're also going to install a 'Tears Toilet'?
Not necessary if you maintain enough dietary fiber.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Return to “Off-Topic”