The Boy Scouts are now officially history

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Ruark
Posts in topic: 1

The Boy Scouts are now officially history

Post by Ruark »

The Boy Scouts of America has formally announced its name change, to "Scouts BSA." They will no longer use "Boy" so they can be gender-neutral, and will accept both girls and boys (as well as LBGTwhatevers). Never thought I'd see the day.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... to-program
-Ruark

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Re: The Boy Scouts are now officially history

Post by bblhd672 »

When will the announcement be that Girl Scouts are changing the name to Scouts, GSA and allowing both sexes and all perceived genders?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

n5wmk
Posts in topic: 2

Post by n5wmk »

And the Girl Scouts have already been seeing declining membership. This won't help their cause at all.

Wonder how the new Scouts BSA will handle co-ed camping trips?
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

As an Eagle Scout from 1966, I am officially offended by this and have written to them to voice my displeasure.
As was somewhat stated above, you don't hear of boys wanting to go into the girl scouts.
The same issue has happened with bowling tournaments. There used to be men's, women's and mixed tournaments. Then the women complained and started wanting to bowl with the men. Their reasoning was the prize funds were higher for men than women. Now, this was true but the entry for women was always less than men. Now, they have women's, mixed, and open tournaments. There was a guy that tried to bowl in a womens tournament a few years ago and was refused. Not sure if he went to court or not about it though.

Kinda like the women are afraid to let the men do anything on their own any more :evil2:

Stepping off my soap box now :biggrinjester:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

One more step in the wrong direction.

Any day now AARP will send me my "GET OFF MY LAWN!" sign.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Allons

Post by Allons »

bblhd672 wrote:When will the announcement be that Girl Scouts are changing the name to Scouts, GSA and allowing both sexes and all perceived genders?
NEVER :biggrinjester:
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Abraham »

It'll take a very great risk for Scout Masters to remain Scout Masters given the horrible accusations that are potentially waiting to happen.

I'm not a Scout Master, but if I were, I'd promptly quit being one.

flechero

Post by flechero »

:iagree:

Sadly this has been in the works for a while... and our local pack has been resistant to say the least. Initially it was pitched as convenient because the boy's sisters wanted to participate... but no one above our pack liked my idea of inviting the local girl scouts to share the time and space. Thinking that we could also draw some of the brothers of girl scouts. Could have been a mutually beneficial solution - but now, I'm looking into other organizations.

It's challenging enough to raise a boy without the extra pressure of societal sissification of men. Not everything in the world is right or fair... boys need to understand that noses will be bloodied and women need to be respected, not oogled and most of all, that our Lord and Savior commands men to be men and women to be woman, with different roles, needs and strengths. We were designed with different characteristics, different though processes and different bodies... none of those by accident and none of them by the impact angle of some space rock! :banghead:

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Eagle class of ‘85 here...

The Boy Scouts served us well - teaching boys to become men. Unfortunately, they have lost their way.

Lord Baden Powell would be disappointed in what has become of his organization. Anyone who disagrees with this statement should read some of his own words: https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/quotes.pdf
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

flechero

Post by flechero »

1911 Raptor wrote:Trail Life USA is where the boys need to be!
Wow, looks like a fantastic organization! Had never heard of them before- thanks for posting! :tiphat:

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

RoyGBiv wrote:One more step in the wrong direction.

Any day now AARP will send me my "GET OFF MY LAWN!" sign.
Here you go!

Amazon - Get Off My Lawn Sign
https://www.amazon.com/Get-Lawn-Aluminu ... B074YFPDBQ
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

flechero wrote:
1911 Raptor wrote:Trail Life USA is where the boys need to be!
Wow, looks like a fantastic organization! Had never heard of them before- thanks for posting! :tiphat:
There is also an organization called Royal Rangers as an alternative to Former Boy Scouts of America.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/02/bo ... -says.html
The Girl Scouts said their organization was blindsided by the move and are planning an aggressive campaign to ramp up recruitment numbers
"Girl Scouts is the premier leadership development organization for girls," Sylvia Acevedo, the Girl Scouts' CEO, said. "We are, and will remain, the first choice for girls and parents who want to provide their girls opportunities to build new skills...and grow into happy, successful, civically engaged adults."
So, the Girl Scouts stubbornly want to continue to build girls into women while the Boy Scouts bow to the progressive and feminist agenda of neutering males and destroying masculinity. :banghead:

Obviously the Girl Scouts need to be mocked, ridiculed, sued and destroyed for their gender bias and exclusivity. :grumble

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Cool. So now a girl who self identifies as a gender neutral Poodle will have a group to join. And we take yet another step down the path to liberal Utopia!

Return to “Off-Topic”