Kinda curious

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 2

Kinda curious

Post by Odinvalknir »

Does it strike anyone as odd, that all of these shootings, threats, and everything else are happening within days of one another.

I live in the south side area of Houston in the clear lake/webster area. After the unfortunate events in Santa fe last week, suddenly today 3 or 4 different schools had their own issues, not actual shootings but along the same lines. Friendswood had a terroristic threat made by an 8th grader, league city a kid brought an unloaded bb gun to an intermediate school, Pasadena had some sort of threat, and I think there are a couple others. Is this just kids being stupid, trying to ride the coat tails of Santa fe? Can kids really be that thick to think this kinda crap is funny? Also how does a kid whose age corresponds with a grade in intermediate school make it out of their house with a bb gun?

I do have a bit of a tin foil hat wearing side to me, and tend to wonder about shootings like Vegas to possibly be "false flag" attacks that are orchestrated to further the gun grabber agenda. I'm not sure these kids and the school threats to be part of that, but I often wonder about what is really causing all of this at a time when taking away American citizens rights seems to keep happening with such regularity.

KLB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Kinda curious

Post by KLB »

You need not go that far.

Once a lunatic has committed an act such as we are speaking of, other lunatics are encouraged. It's a copycat effect. Most regrettable, but unfortunately real.

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Odinvalknir »

KLB wrote:You need not go that far.

Once a lunatic has committed an act such as we are speaking of, other lunatics are encouraged. It's a copycat effect. Most regrettable, but unfortunately real.

Yeah, I actually read an article today that some psychologists had written about how each time they raid the home of one of these lunatics they generally find videos and writings by the person who are imitating or someway mimicking the two kids from Columbine. They said something like 9 out of 10 of these shooters had some kind of level worship almost for those two.

What I meant by the false flag comment, was not so much the school shootings but all of the other mass shootings. There's always some huge cloud of mystery and odd circumstances surrounding. Even now there is speculation about the Vegas shooter, a video was released recently that was supposedly showing badge cam from the officers who entered the hotel room. You could tell the video had been edited heavily and when the camera would switch from one angle to another things have been moved and changed.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I'm convinced if the media didn't give out so much information about the criminal, thus making them infamous, we'd have fewer killings/maimings.

Yeah, report the crime, but not much if anything about the criminal unless it's really to keep the public safe from further deaths.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Abraham wrote:I'm convinced if the media didn't give out so much information about the criminal, thus making them infamous, we'd have fewer killings/maimings.

Yeah, report the crime, but not much if anything about the criminal unless it's really to keep the public safe from further deaths.
:iagree: Everybody (nearly everybody but me) wants their 15 minutes of fame.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Oldgringo wrote:
Abraham wrote:I'm convinced if the media didn't give out so much information about the criminal, thus making them infamous, we'd have fewer killings/maimings.

:iagree: Everybody (nearly everybody but me) wants their 15 minutes of fame.
I already had my 15 minutes ............................... nobody watched!
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Allons

Post by Allons »

:iagree: Good point!
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

agreed. the MSM is making it worse. these nut jobs are getting their 5 minutes of infamy. most crave attention and the MSM is doing just that. giving them attention. it's stupid imo. like Abraham said, report the crime but not too much info. no1 needs to know his name or know what he looks like. just that it happened. People wanna blame guns and bullying and violence, well news flash; bullying, violence, murder have all been around since the begining of time. heck the first murder was when cain murdered abel with a ROCK. guns have been around for 2 centuries. in the 60s you could walk into a hardware store with cash and walk out with a gun and only JUST NOW in the past decade or so have these mass killings been going on. So what has changed in the past 4-5 decades? PARENTING TECHNIQUES. now a days parents slap an ipad or tablet in their kids' faces so they'll shut up. meanwhile, the kid is watching who knows what and learning who knows what else on the internet while the "parents" sit on the couch and watch the royal wedding or kim kardashian. Back in the day parents taught their kids the value of hard work, respect for others and their property, and the value of life itself. now a days parents teach their kids its okay to cry and throw a wall eyed fit until they get their way... and these kids with mental issues have these mental issues because they were never taught to or learned how to cope with bullys. when i was a kid i was fat. heck i still am overweight! but when people would pick on me my parents taught me to ignore them. And if things got physical, to stand up for myself. Once a kid tackled me from behind. as he fell with me I got him in a headlock and beat the living daylights out of him. Everyone around told the teachers that he had started it and so I didn't get into any trouble. (back when schools had COMMON SENSE when it came to self defense) even now i get some knuckle dragging neanderthals occasionally whose only insult to me is "you're fat". It doesn't even phase me anymore. they have no valid response to a conversation we might be having and get mad so they resort to something that has nothing to do with the conversation. Not only that, I've heard it all before. All the insults you can think. try me. if it has to deal with being fat im sure ive heard it.I've learned to deal with it and cope with all the "bullies" in the world. Yeah it's hard sometimes but once you just tell yourself that these people mean less than the dog thug on the bottom of your shoe, pretty much all insults don't even bother you anymore. So blaming it on bullying or video games (i've played violent video games as young as 11) or tv is a lame cop out by parents who don't wanna take responsibility for FAILING as a parent and raising a delinquent drop out whose only future involves 3 hots and a cot.
NRA Member

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

Since that's not going to happen, merciless mockery is an alternative. The mockery is, of course, not aimed at the last perp, but the next.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

I agree with all the points made by previous posters, but there may also be another factor. I would argue that an event such as what occurred in Santa Fe shakes everyone out of complacency, particularly those who can most easily envision a similar event happening to them. Where before, clothing that seems inappropriate, furtive movements and other behaviors may have gone un-remarked upon, if not unnoticed. As complacency is shattered, these things again become signs that should be investigated (they really always were, of course) and the investigations sometimes yield results.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Return to “Off-Topic”