Pro basketball player Sterling Brown gets tased for parking violation

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Pro basketball player Sterling Brown gets tased for parking violation

Post by ScottDLS »

How 'bout a person of pallor in Racine? :lol:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

"Moral of the story don't park in two lanes, if you are a person of color in Milwaukee - yeah, cuz only whitey can away wid dat.

Plus, white people can keep their hands in their pockets when told to take them out by an LEO.

Show nuff.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Abraham wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:26 am "Moral of the story don't park in two lanes, if you are a person of color in Milwaukee - yeah, cuz only whitey can away wid dat.

Plus, white people can keep their hands in their pockets when told to take them out by an LEO.

Show nuff.
I prefer the term “person of pallor”. Or my Indian name...Paleface. :smilelol5:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

Why don't we only hire black LEO's and then all of our problems will be solved. Unless of course, the subject is Hispanic. So in reality, if we only allowed partner patrols and each team was comprised of a black and a hispanic, one each, male and a female- at least in self identification.... then we could eliminate the bulk of our problems... except when those LEO's are white acting, and not really part of the community of their heritage.

Sterling Brown steered the stop. If several specific things didn't happen (including parking illegally and not complying with simple commands) they would have NEVER even been in a situation for things to go bad.

It may be inconvenient, it may be embarrassing, it may even be momentarily demoralizing, but if you will comply with reasonable demands on the side of the road, 99.9% of the time, you will leave with nothing worse than a traffic ticket.

Note, if I , as an overweight, average height white guy did exactly what the tall, black athlete did, I would have been tazed too. And rightly so.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

flechero,

Logic, you dare introduce logic?

flechero

Post by flechero »

Abraham wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:30 pm flechero,

Logic, you dare introduce logic?
Sorry, I was off line for 2 days... and accidentally I let reason slip back in!! :lol:

Sport Coach
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Sport Coach »

This is the same as I've always told my kids: do what the officer tells you and things will go better. I also told my kids the proper form of the saying, hands up (they) won't shoot. Do bad things happen sometimes? Sure, but don't make it worse.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

In San Antonio, there's no way that a cop would not recognize a Spurs player - even a rookie mid-season transfer.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

bbhack wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:51 pm In San Antonio, there's no way that a cop would not recognize a Spurs player - even a rookie mid-season transfer.
Well, almost. Fortunately my partner did recognize him. I got a call for an alarm at a house. Arrived and had a cover officer. The front door was open and there were a couple people inside, none of whom lived there. One said it was his brother's house and he just forgot the alarm code. Fortunately for him, the brother was on the way. While we were checking on them, the door opened behind me and another person just walked in. I was reacting and starting to draw when my partner recognized his as Alvin Robertson and stopped me.

I have never been a big fan of basketball, so I would not recognize any of them. I might recognize a few of their bigger names, but that was about it.

BTW, my partner at the time was an academy class mate of mine and deep into sports. He had played minor league baseball for a few years and was still very active as an athlete.
Steve Rothstein

flechero

Post by flechero »

bbhack wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:51 pm In San Antonio, there's no way that a cop would not recognize a Spurs player - even a rookie mid-season transfer.
How does that even matter? Many athletes are thugs and criminals... so when a contact refuses direction it doesn't matter if you recognize him or not. (police aren't supposed to enforce the law based on who they know)

The more appropriate comment would have been: there is no way sterling brown didn't recognize the men he was talking to as police officers, while in uniform and having arrived in a marked patrol car!

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

For reasons I just don't understand, some folks think they have the option of say...leaving their hands in their pockets when told to remove them by the police and then to make matters worse, start arguing.

Tazers have sadly taken the place of wooden shampoos.

As to recognizing athletes, except for a few boxers, I wouldn't recognize any basket ball players.

Well ok, Shaq, but he'd be the only one.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

When the police tell you to bow, you'd better bow. And not just a perfunctory head gesture, I'm talking full genuflection. If you don't, and especially if you're jaywalking or parking over the line, you'd better be prepared to get your head smashed. :rules:

LEO: Dance an Irish Jig, boy.
ScottDLS: But my ancestry is Welsh, it would bring shame on me...WHACK!! ZZZAAAP!
LEO: IRISH! jig. :evil2:

Return to “Off-Topic”