Does Having An LTC Make You An Implied LEO?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Does Having An LTC Make You An Implied LEO?

Post by ScottDLS »

My LTC along with my veteran status (30 years ago in the peacetime Navy) gives me both implied and legal powers as a Peace Officer Plenipotentiary. My standing watches on a Destroyer gave me ninja like capabilities to fight crime, actual or perceived. If I see someone fleeing after jaywalking or parking in a handicapped zone, I’ll chase down the perp with my tricked out AR15. :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

To quote my LTC intructor: "these guys on these internet forums, they've got these guns, and they're just itching to shoot somebody...."
-Ruark

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mojo84 »

So, is this guy an "implied LEO" even though he may or may not have an LTC?

https://drhurd.com/2018/05/25/indiana-t ... d-teacher/

"A science teacher reportedly sprung into action during a shooting at an Indiana middle school on Friday, knocking a weapon from the suspect’s hand.

Seventh-grade student Ethan Stonebraker told The Associated Press that his science teacher at Noblesville West Middle School charged at the suspect, who he said revealed his weapon while the class was in the middle of a test.

“Our science teacher immediately ran at him, swatted a gun out of his hand and tackled him to the ground,” Stonebraker said. “If it weren’t for him, more of us would have been injured for sure.”"
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 2

Post by J.R.@A&M »

To quote my LTC instructor: If you take a walk in the park, and come across a man apparently assaulting a naked woman chained to a tree, don't shoot him before finding out more information.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

J.R.@A&M wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:30 pm To quote my LTC instructor: If you take a walk in the park, and come across a man apparently assaulting a naked woman chained to a tree, don't shoot him before finding out more information.
I think we had the same CHL Instructor. Champion Firearms is CS?
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 2

Post by J.R.@A&M »

AJSully421 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:41 pm
J.R.@A&M wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:30 pm To quote my LTC instructor: If you take a walk in the park, and come across a man apparently assaulting a naked woman chained to a tree, don't shoot him before finding out more information.
I think we had the same CHL Instructor. Champion Firearms is CS?
Yes. Walking in Lick Creek Park has never been quite the same.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Return to “Off-Topic”