Antifa Website

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 4

Antifa Website

Post by Lynyrd »

Go to your browser and type antifa.com into the address bar. I think you will be amazed.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Antifa Website

Post by RoyGBiv »

Saw that the other day... made me... :mad5
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

flechero

Post by flechero »

Wow quite a collection of pre-Alzheimer's footage of Joe on that site... except for the quick [post hair sniff] hug of he and harris.

Topic author
Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

flechero wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:08 pm Wow quite a collection of pre-Alzheimer's footage of Joe on that site... except for the quick [post hair sniff] hug of he and harris.
And that is his official campaign site. His campaign wants the antifa vote. I know a little bit about DNS, I don't think this is a mistake.
Last edited by Lynyrd on Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Lynyrd wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:17 pm
flechero wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:08 pm Wow quite a collection of pre-Alzheimer's footage of Joe on that site... except for the quick [post hair sniff] hug of he and harris.
And that is is official campaign site. His campaign wants the antifa vote. I know a little bit about DNS, I don't think this is a mistake.
I know a little bit about DNS too, and this could cut both ways. Antifa.com is registered with NameCheap's registry. Joebiden.com is registered with Google's registry. Google is a major supporter of the left's causes and candidates. NameCheap is just a discount registry. Both domains are registrant-hidden. Here’s the thing......AntiFa.com could just as easily be a "negative campaigning" domain owned by a GOP operative who is trying to get the conservative base fired up, as it could be a positive campaigning" domain owned by a DNC operative who is trying to woo the AntiFa vote to the DNC. Frankly though, given the negative nature of most political campaigning, I find it FAR more likely that it’s owned by a GOP operative trying to fire up the conservative base. Campaigning these days consists a lot more of telling listeners why they shouldn’t vote for the other guy, rather than why they should vote FOR their guy.

And this is not the first time DNS techniques have been used in political campaigns.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:36 pm
And that is is official campaign site. His campaign wants the antifa vote. I know a little bit about DNS, I don't think this is a mistake.
I know a little bit about DNS too, and this could cut both ways. Antifa.com is registered with NameCheap's registry. Joebiden.com is registered with Google's registry. Google is a major supporter of the left's causes and candidates. NameCheap is just a discount registry. Both domains are registrant-hidden. Here’s the thing......AntiFa.com could just as easily be a "negative campaigning" domain owned by a GOP operative who is trying to get the conservative base fired up, as it could be a positive campaigning" domain owned by a DNC operative who is trying to woo the AntiFa vote to the DNC. Frankly though, given the negative nature of most political campaigning, I find it FAR more likely that it’s owned by a GOP operative trying to fire up the conservative base. Campaigning these days consists a lot more of telling listeners why they shouldn’t vote for the other guy, rather than why they should vote FOR their guy.

And this is not the first time DNS techniques have been used in political campaigns.
I honestly thought that as well. Even if it wasn't a sanctioned move by either political party, it could very easily be an individual who did it on their own. In fact, I would suspect it more likely to be a rogue individual over one of the political parties.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Flightmare wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:21 am

I honestly thought that as well. Even if it wasn't a sanctioned move by either political party, it could very easily be an individual who did it on their own. In fact, I would suspect it more likely to be a rogue individual over one of the political parties.
Y'all may very well be correct that someone in Biden's campaign did not do this. However, the domain name antifa.com was registered in 2002. It would be a bit of a stretch considering the political changes in the last 18 years to think that the original registrant of that name now wants to harm the Biden campaign. I think it is more likely that whoever did this want's people who support antifa to vote for Biden. But hey, what do I know?

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

I think that Antifa pigs could care less about any party other then the communist party. Biden is as much irrelevant to them as is Trump. They are just using Trump to incite the masses to drive their cause. You know, the ends justify the means.
I also think that by doing so they are actually dragging Biden’s numbers down as more people in the middle or even left leaning are beginning to fear for their safety as the pigs move in closer to their homes. Like their own ideology states (that they seem to miss since history is not something these varmint appear to be good at), the cause that drags too long becomes a drag.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

This, exactly.

I could go register a domain like GunsFirstDueProcessSecond.org and have it redirect to the Trump Campaign website.

This Antifa.com hullabaloo is much ado about nothing.
Psalm 91:2

Rafe
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rafe »

This odd URL redirect seems to have happened August 12. In Trump's Wednesday press briefing, reporter Chanel Rion from One America News brought it up, saying that the redirect had evidently been put in place within a couple of hours before the press briefing. And, yep, it's still there.

The IP resolution for the hosting server is 192.64.119.246, which is in one of Namecheap's allocations, 192.64.112.0 to 192.64.119.255. So all that someone is doing is likely nothing but entering Biden's website in a field at Namecheap and clicking "Submit" to accomplish a basic 301 redirect. You can do the same thing with any GoDaddy account; no separate hosting server or any technical knowledge required.

There have been a bunch of changes related to this domain name since it was first registered in 2002. A stupidly expensive (I had a friend with a company account look it up for me) source for that is "Whoisology.com"...it's kinda the "Internet Wayback Machine" for domain names. The first archived entry they have is from December 2012. From that date through the September 2019 entry, the domain registrar was DomReg (https://www.domreg.lt/) a registrar service in Lithuania. It was registered anonymously there, as well; but I'd say there's a decent chance the registrant was east of Poland: if I were to bet a dollar, I'd wager it on Belarus, Ukraine, or Russia.

Sometime between September 2019 and December 2019 the domain name either changed hands or expired and was salvaged by someone else. As of that date it was resident with its current owner and registrant at Namecheap in Los Angeles.

Still doesn't tell us squat about who and why, but reveals a tiny bit more about how and when.
Last edited by Rafe on Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Rafe
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rafe »

SQLGeek wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:25 am I could go register a domain like GunsFirstDueProcessSecond.org and have it redirect to the Trump Campaign website.
We crossposted. But after seeing yours, I couldn't help myself. If anybody wants to go point a few domains to https://www.donaldjtrump.com/, here's a 5-minute search of some possibles that are available to register:
  • BidenForTheWin.com
  • BidenForGunControl.com
  • BidenAgainstGunViolence.com
  • 2ndAmendmentForBiden.com
  • LiberalsForBiden.com
  • ProgressivesForBiden.com
  • MothersDemandForBiden.com
  • BLMforBiden.com
  • VoteWithBLM.com
  • AntifaVotesBiden.com
:biggrinjester:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

that was my 1st thought, what a great way to destroy an opponent. perfectly legal in political games i would think :iagree: :tiphat:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Topic author
Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Rafe wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:27 am This odd URL redirect seems to have happened August 12. In Trump's Wednesday press briefing, reporter Chanel Rion from One America News brought it up, saying that the redirect had evidently been put in place within a couple of hours before the press briefing. And, yep, it's still there.

The IP resolution for the hosting server is 192.64.119.246, which is in one of Namecheap's allocations, 192.64.112.0 to 192.64.119.255. So all that someone is doing is likely nothing but entering Biden's website in a field at Namecheap and clicking "Submit" to accomplish a basic 301 redirect. You can do the same thing with any GoDaddy account; no separate hosting server or any technical knowledge required.

There have been a bunch of changes related to this domain name since it was first registered in 2002. A stupidly expensive (I had a friend with a company account look it up for me) source for that is "Whoisology.com"...it's kinda the "Internet Wayback Machine" for domain names. The first archived entry they have is from December 2012. From that date through the September 2019 entry, the domain registrar was DomReg (https://www.domreg.lt/) a registrar service in Lithuania. It was registered anonymously there, as well; but I'd say there's a decent chance the registrant was east of Poland: if I were to bet a dollar, I'd wager it on Belarus, Ukraine, or Russia.

Sometime between September 2019 and December 2019 the domain name either changed hands or expired and was salvaged by someone else. As of that date it was resident with its current owner and registrant at Namecheap in Los Angeles.

Still doesn't tell us squat about who and why, but reveals a tiny bit more about how and when.
Very interesting information. I don't have the tools, or the knowledge to track down what you reported. Thanks.

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

And apparently Twitter is now blocking any mention of antifa.com redirecting to joebiden.com. How is this not being a publisher vs. a platform?

Ron
NRA Member

Return to “Off-Topic”