Our worst nightmare

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Our worst nightmare

Post by philip964 »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... st/616493/

I'm leaving the West Coast, by theAtlantic.

Oh thank the Lord, she is moving to Minneapolis. But many will want a warmer climate.

chasfm11

Re: Our worst nightmare

Post by chasfm11 »

As long as the go to places which are already "infected" by their philosophy, it doesn't make that much difference. In fact, an influx of Liberal women in the Minneapolis might produce interesting results. I might even buy extra popcorn.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

So they are fleeing fires on the west coast, caused my forest mismanagement, which they blame on climate change. Only to move to a place where there are fires burning in local businesses, caused by a more radical group, endorsed by the same people responsible for the fires on the west coast. The stupidity is strong in this one.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Jusme wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:05 pm So they are fleeing fires on the west coast, caused my forest mismanagement, which they blame on climate change. Only to move to a place where there are fires burning in local businesses, caused by a more radical group, endorsed by the same people responsible for the fires on the west coast. The stupidity is strong in this one.
No. They blame Trump! Because they never had fires before Trump.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

OneGun wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:06 pm
Jusme wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:05 pm So they are fleeing fires on the west coast, caused my forest mismanagement, which they blame on climate change. Only to move to a place where there are fires burning in local businesses, caused by a more radical group, endorsed by the same people responsible for the fires on the west coast. The stupidity is strong in this one.
I know you're being facetious. However, for anyone stupid enough to actually think that, I offer this line from The Door's classic rock track "LA Woman" into evidence:

"I see your hair is burning, hills are full of fire"

So, they've had fires out there since at least the 60s.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:11 pm
OneGun wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:06 pm
I know you're being facetious. However, for anyone stupid enough to actually think that, I offer this line from The Door's classic rock track "LA Woman" into evidence:

"I see your hair is burning, hills are full of fire"

So, they've had fires out there since at least the 60s.
I dealt very personally with forest fires in California in the 1960s. One of them nearly burned my house down, and did burn down some of the homes nearby ours. And THAT was when the forests were being properly managed. Anyone who thinks this is a recent phenomenon due to climate change is dreaming. Forests actually NEED fires in order to remain healthy; but when the forests are badly managed, the scope and results of the fires become catastrophic. And responsibility for THAT falls squarely on the eco-nazis who thought they could browbeat productive people into compliance with their schemes.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I would not call her stupid necessarily, but she has a different definition of land-locked than I do, considering the Mississippi River runs through Minneapolis and then all the way to New Orleans. She is also leaving because she doesn't like the weather extremes (20 year mega-drought and resulting fires). I guess she doesn't consider blizzards extreme weather.

But better Minneapolis than anywhere close to Texas.
Steve Rothstein

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

srothstein wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:23 pm I would not call her stupid necessarily, but she has a different definition of land-locked than I do, considering the Mississippi River runs through Minneapolis and then all the way to New Orleans. She is also leaving because she doesn't like the weather extremes (20 year mega-drought and resulting fires). I guess she doesn't consider blizzards extreme weather.

This ^^^
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:30 am
srothstein wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:23 pm I would not call her stupid necessarily, but she has a different definition of land-locked than I do, considering the Mississippi River runs through Minneapolis and then all the way to New Orleans. She is also leaving because she doesn't like the weather extremes (20 year mega-drought and resulting fires). I guess she doesn't consider blizzards extreme weather.

This ^^^
But we do occasionally get some stand-up, stellar, deserve-to-be Texans immigrating from California. ;-)
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

My niece who graduated within the last year from Humboldt State University in northern CA (bluest of the blue universities) with a degree in environmental sciences states emphatically that California has fire problems from extremely poor preventive fire management for decades. She went into college leaning left thanks to her mother's perspectives and after seeing decision making in California, graduated a conservative. One for the good guys!
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Require electric cars ... during fire season, turn off electricity needed for car charging to prevent fires ...declare mandatory evacuations ... watch people try to escape fires on foot.
:roll:

Return to “Off-Topic”