McCain and Gun Control

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tarkus
Posts in topic: 4

Re: McCain and Gun Control

Post by tarkus »

anygunanywhere wrote:If you could be more explicit about what "looking the part" is we can keep an eye out for them when we go to gun shows.
I think it means they look like they belong in this country but he checked their ID and they were illegals. Or maybe the other way around and they're Americans but look like Al Qaeda operatives. :confused5

anygunanywhere wrote:If we can have the fed government raise the minimum wage maybe the poorer people can buy more expensive guns.
You have the right to keep and bear arms. If you can not afford a gun the government will supply one for you.
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's on the internet, thank a geek.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

tarkus wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:If you could be more explicit about what "looking the part" is we can keep an eye out for them when we go to gun shows.
I think it means they look like they belong in this country but he checked their ID and they were illegals. Or maybe the other way around and they're Americans but look like Al Qaeda operatives. :confused5

anygunanywhere wrote:If we can have the fed government raise the minimum wage maybe the poorer people can buy more expensive guns.
You have the right to keep and bear arms. If you can not afford a gun the government will supply one for you.
Kind of like a digital tv converter?

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
tarkus
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tarkus »

More like an extension of Miranda rights. :rules:
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's on the internet, thank a geek.

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mike1951 »

I think greed will do a better job of closing the supposed loophole than legislation.

There are, admittedly, some dealers selling 'personal' firearms at gun shows.

But as a rule, the prices are inflated to the point where I have to pass most of them by.

Is a BG going to pay $600 for a revolver or $1000 for a 1911 at a show, or is he going to steal one?

Many of the Taurus snubs have broken the $300 barrier, 642's and 442's are about to break $400.

There are Hi-Points and other inexpensive firearms available, but I don't see a line waiting to buy them.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Return to “Federal - 2008”