McCain's VP-- Surprise!!!!

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 2

Re: McCain's VP-- Surprise!!!!

Post by KD5NRH »

camjr wrote:Good! You can be the one to lift the firearm ban. Until then, you and you alone would be safe because you would have an armed security detail, much like the hipocrtical big city pols in Chicago that either have a security detail, or are allowed to carry when everyone else is refused the ability to protect themselves.
No; I'd leave it up to the individual parks.

OTOH, any park that didn't allow carry would be required to provide safe storage and a protective detail for any guests made to disarm. :evil2:

casingpoint
Posts in topic: 3

Post by casingpoint »

They don't get much better looking than Sarah Palin. The Democrats were out in front for a time with Nancy Pelosi, but the balance bar for hotties has suddenly shifted to the right, and John McCain has clinched the election with this surprise VP candidate.

More Palin photos. This is some babe compared to the typical Beltway woman.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/sundaysoapbox/ ... ara_1.html

I found your version of the events ludicrous, and the jury did, too-Federal District Judge Patricia Minaldi

jimmy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jimmy »

IMO, Gov. Palin is an outstanding choice for VP. She's smart, principled (and her principles are in the right place), and she's real, not a posturing, ego-driven, Washington phony. I doubt if McCain could have chosen better. I'm for her and earnestly hope she and McCain win in November. :patriot:

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

casingpoint wrote: The Democrats were out in front for a time with Nancy Pelosi, but the balance bar for hotties has suddenly shifted to the right,
You thought Pelosi was hot?

You need to get out more.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

I get a kick out of the wording from BamBam's camp, that McCain has put someone this inexperienced a heartbeat away from the presidency - does this mean that they are conceding the election? I mean, after all, right now he's just a candidate, not the president.

Seems to me that they could have picked better phraseology.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Skiprr »

jimmy wrote:IMO, Gov. Palin is an outstanding choice for VP. She's smart, principled (and her principles are in the right place), and she's real, not a posturing, ego-driven, Washington phony. I doubt if McCain could have chosen better. I'm for her and earnestly hope she and McCain win in November. :patriot:
Thank you, Jimmy, for a substantive post.

Considering what we face this election, this has been a pretty messy Topic. From fantasy cabinets to hottie ratings to "What a joke."

I'm baffled.

Obama/Biden is, arguably, just about the worst possible ticket for the Second Amendment. Maybe Pelosi/McCarthy would be worse, but it might be a close call.

I know die-hard Ron Paul supporters will be staging "Ronstock '08" in defiance of the GOP ticket. To me, that's pulling a Ralph Nader. I respect your opinions, but read Sun Tzu: you have to understand how retreating from a battle can ultimately win the war.

Let's not hand this election to Barrack Obama and Joe Biden on a silver platter.

Let's not make our belief in the right to keep and bear arms a paper tiger.

Let's all work--and work hard--for a Republican victory in November.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Skiprr »

Some quick quips about Sarah Palin:

- "Between Biden, Obama and McCain, Palin is the only one who can spell 'energy.' The rest of these guys are completely clueless," says David Pursell, an analyst with Houston-based Tudor Pickering Holt & Co., an energy investment and research firm.

- "She has shown an independent streak and has been anything but a patsy in dealing with the oil industry in Alaska," says Bruce Bullock, director of the Maguire Energy Institute at Southern Methodist University in Dallas.

- Amy Myers Jaffe, an energy fellow at Rice University's James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy, says Palin represents a departure from past Alaskan politicians in how she has motivated the oil industry. "She's taken much more of a 'knocking-heads' approach," Jaffe said. "She has stood up to the big players when she didn't like the process."

At first blush, many thought Palin's pick for VP was simply a counterpoint to Hillary Clinton.

It is not.

This woman brings much more to the election than simply being female. Over the next 65 days I think that will be recognized.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

shootthesheet

Post by shootthesheet »

amber wrote:Her husband is hot!
So is my wifes husband.........

I just hope Palin is able to pull McCain out of the dumps with his very anti-conservative positions on private gun sales to someone that is other than a blood relative and drilling in AK. Not to mention the other liberal "reach across the isle" surrender ideas he has. One reason why senators are seldom elected is because, by its nature, the Senate has no choice but to sell out on everything they pass and make back-room deals. It is necessary, I guess, but I have yet to know of one that would make a good President without other real executive experiences. Sen. Hutchenson would do well to run for Gov. if she has any plans on the POTUS position.
http://gunrightsradio.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

Here's a good "tale of the tape" comparison between the "inexperienced" Sarah Palin, and Barack Obama.

http://www.redstate.com/diaries/redstat ... rack-obam/

casingpoint

Post by casingpoint »

Obama might have clinched the election with her on his ticket:

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

I am a single issue voter.
(I'll bet you can guess which one.)

I wasn't real happy with McCain. My primary issue was McCain-Feingold. Which seemed to be a bill designed to protect gun-control-nut incumbents from the NRA.

Palin seems to have values like mine.

I liked the quote:
"On her first day as mayor, she had more executive experience than Obama and Biden combined."

McCain / Palin is a team I will support.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

casingpoint wrote:Obama might have clinched the election with her on his ticket:
I get the Bahamian reference, but is she someone, or just modeling the shirt?

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

tomneal wrote:I am a single issue voter.
(I'll bet you can guess which one.)

I wasn't real happy with McCain. My primary issue was McCain-Feingold. Which seemed to be a bill designed to protect gun-control-nut incumbents from the NRA.

Palin seems to have values like mine.

I liked the quote:
"On her first day as mayor, she had more executive experience than Obama and Biden combined."

McCain / Palin is a team I will support.
McCain Feingold more than that. Much more Onerous. It is a direct attack for freedom of the press and freedom of the speech. It was about squelching any opposition to the 2 major partys to hold them accountable. It was about squelching free speaking on the net. It was about destroying grassroot movements and anyone who wishes to speak against the big 2 partys. Most of McCaine Feingold has been fond unconstitutional, but whats left is still overbearing and anti freeman. Pro protect the incumbant partys. It was also an attempt from keeping the peasant citizens from bothering elected officials with our thoughts & opinions.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Skiprr wrote: Let's not hand this election to Barrack Obama and Joe Biden on a silver platter.

Let's not make our belief in the right to keep and bear arms a paper tiger.

Let's all work--and work hard--for a Republican victory in November.
:iagree:
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

waterpump1

Post by waterpump1 »

If Sarah Palin was the democratic VP canidate the press would be 100% supportive of her.
I like the possibiities :txflag:
IANAL
NRA-member
http://www.projectonemilliontexas.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

5/28/2008 completed chl app on
10/10/08 (plastic in hand) 84 days
"Especially for you Mr. Gore....From my cold dead hands!" Charleton Heston

Return to “Federal - 2008”