Nationwide CCW Ban?

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

mondo2000
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Nationwide CCW Ban?

Post by mondo2000 »

Clinton and Obama would put very liberal judges on the Supreme Court if given the chance. With a Democratic Senate the only thing stopping them is a filibuster by the few conservatives still in the Senate. From what it looks like it will be a 5-4 vote on the DC v Heller (I think they will find in favor of Heller but who really knows). Activist judges have no guilt in ignoring precedence of the court and thinking that they are smarter than the framers of the constitution. DC v Heller can only do so much for us right now and the court can quickly turn in a heartbeat with the election of Clinton or Obama.

Also, DC v Heller won't give us all what we want right away. It is going to take a long time to fight for all the 2nd amendment rights that have been chiseled away over the last century. I don't think that the court is going to rule that the government is forbidden to ban a firearm. What they will most likely rule is that the government cannot be unreasonable in their ban. They will then lay out some intellectual but ineffective test that determines if that firearm ban is unreasonable. Most likely they will not think that having to obtain a license to purchase or carry a firearm is unreasonable. They will not find that it is unreasonable to ban high power firearms that leave the citizen in the liberal areas of the country with a little .22 or Derringer to protect themselves. Will the court find it unreasonable for the government to ban JHPs or FMJs? Maybe they will make is to that the grain of a bullet can only be so much, leaving us with ineffective ammunition to protect ourselves.

The fight to preserve liberty is not an on again off again type of battle. There is not going to be a final victory where we win and live happily ever after. It is a constant struggle to defend those liberties we were born with. I will never trust my liberty in the hands of another person and that is what the 2nd amendment is all about. It is the backbone that allows us to protect every other right and freedom we were born with from those that want to remove our freedoms.

Don't forget that Obama and Clinton said that they will continue to tradition George W. Bush started with signing statements. A signing statement in effect changes the legislation to what the President wants it to be. When asked if he would follow his predecessor and use signing statements John McCain said, "Never, never, never, never. If I disagree with a law that passed, I'll veto it."

We have two choices, slavery or freedom.

lawrnk
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Nationwide CCW Ban?

Post by lawrnk »

I will say only one thing...BUY! Buy everything on your wishlist you can possibly afford now
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

Return to “Federal - 2008”