Clinton to Concede Delegate Race Tonight

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Skiprr
Posts in topic: 2

Clinton to Concede Delegate Race Tonight

Post by Skiprr »

http://www.click2houston.com/politics/1 ... 0106032008
WASHINGTON -- Officials said Hillary Rodham Clinton will acknowledge tonight that Barack Obama has the delegates for the nomination.

As Obama and Clinton prepare for the end of the Democratic primary season, Obama has earned the support of two more superdelegates Tuesday morning.

He's already predicted that many more who are publicly uncommitted will throw their support behind him over the next day or so.

Obama says many superdelegates have been waiting for the final primaries to conclude, which happens tonight in South Dakota and Montana.

Clinton's campaign chairman, Terry McAuliffe, says once Obama gets the majority of convention delegates, he thinks Clinton will congratulate him and call him the nominee...
I think it was a foregone conclusion, but I suppose tonight we'll hear that Clinton is officially dropping out of the race. Obama it is...
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Clinton to Concede Delegate Race Tonight

Post by Mike1951 »

Yes, and I saw another report that Clinton would accept VP on the ticket with Obama.

I have heard nothing about Obama's position on that since the earlier denials by both candidates.

I'm afraid such a combined ticket would be exponentially harder to defeat than either candidate running with a different VP pick.

The obvious counter to this would be Condi Rice as McCain's VP, if she decides to accept it.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Tactical_Texan_CHL

Post by Tactical_Texan_CHL »

I could seriously support Condi Rice as VP!! Or even a future candidate for pres. But I thought earlier she stated she had no intent to do so?
TacTex
NRA Life Member

drw

Post by drw »

Oops, looks like the info was incorrect.

http://blog.hillaryclinton.com/blog/mai ... /03/163233

"The AP story is incorrect. Senator Clinton will not concede the nomination this evening. "

Of course, it doesn't matter. They are both monsters.

ProudNativeTexican

Post by ProudNativeTexican »

I don't think either want the stree but Rice or Collen Powe would probably be a good choice for VP.
ML
"Act your wage" (Dave Ramsey)

CHL Class-2/16-17/08
Paperwork submitted-2/22/08
Application received by DPS-2/25/08
PIN received - 4/17/08
Processing application - 4/18/08
Application Completed - license issued or certificate active - 5/7/8
Received Plastic - 5/10/08

drw

Post by drw »

I think the single best move McCain could make would be to try to convince Ron Paul to be his VP mate. That's the only way a few million conservative voters out there would actually vote for him.

lawrnk
Posts in topic: 4

Post by lawrnk »

Tactical_Texan_CHL wrote:I could seriously support Condi Rice as VP!! Or even a future candidate for pres. But I thought earlier she stated she had no intent to do so?
Condi brings several problems to the table.

1. She has repeatedly stated she would rather be the NFL commish than VP.
2. She will not attract any significant minority votes away from Obama.
3. She will not attract significant gender based votes from a Hillary VP
4. If McCain doesn't appear youthful enough for another term, she may not be considered a viable candidate for President.
5. I can think of several VP candidates that are more electable.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

Liko81

Post by Liko81 »

drw wrote:I think the single best move McCain could make would be to try to convince Ron Paul to be his VP mate. That's the only way a few million conservative voters out there would actually vote for him.
I dunno; I think Ron Paul would be better in a Cabinet position like Secretary of State. He'd be visible as VP, but very limited in power; as a leader of the bureaucratic arm, he'd have similar face time with the Pres and more power to effect change.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Except for his supporters, Ron Paul is not viewed favorably by most Republicans, conservative Democrats, or moderate voters. I can't recall what percentage of the votes he got in various primaries, but I think him being in the second slot on the Republican ticket would guarantee an Obama win.

Ron Paul's supporters are very loyal, very vocal, and very few in number in comparison to the entire electorate that actually votes. If this were not the case, he'd have done much better in the primaries.

As for Hillary being in the VP slot, I can only say, "Please don't throw me in the briar patch!" Obama/Clinton gives is the best of both worlds; we get to attack the Democratic ticket at both ends, not just the Presidential candidate.

Chas.

amber

Post by amber »

If Obama chooses Clinton as vice president he better hire a food taster.

tarkus

Post by tarkus »

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's on the internet, thank a geek.

drw

Post by drw »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I can't recall what percentage of the votes [Ron Paul] got in various primaries
5% in Texas... Some states had more but 5% is about the right nationwide average.

lawrnk
Posts in topic: 4

Post by lawrnk »

Around the numbers of mickey mouse and he is still in the race.
drw wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:I can't recall what percentage of the votes [Ron Paul] got in various primaries
5% in Texas... Some states had more but 5% is about the right nationwide average.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

drw

Post by drw »

lawrnk wrote:Around the numbers of mickey mouse and he is still in the race.
:grumble :mad5

Topic author
Skiprr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Skiprr »

tarkus wrote:Never give up! "rlol"

http://www.writehillaryin.com
Okay. Now that's funny.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “Federal - 2008”