Terrified

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
lawrnk
Posts in topic: 2

Terrified

Post by lawrnk »

http://theobamafile.com/

Hundreds of things to keep you up at night. Unbelievable
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

Mr.Scott
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Terrified

Post by Mr.Scott »

While I think Obama is a piece of trash, McCain is no bed of roses either. In the end they are both politicians and we know they are lying at some point or another because their mouths are moving.
DIVIDED WE STAND, UNITED WE FALL

TxD

Post by TxD »

"Under democracy one party always devotes it's chief energies to prove the other party is unfit to rule - and both succeed." H.L. Menchen
Black Rifles Matter

Topic author
lawrnk
Posts in topic: 2

Post by lawrnk »

Mr.Scott wrote:While I think Obama is a piece of trash, McCain is no bed of roses either. In the end they are both politicians and we know they are lying at some point or another because their mouths are moving.
Yeah. I wanted Fred to win. McCain has his issues, but I'll take him 100x over Obama. Sadly I think the Paul people are going to hand it to the commie..perot style circa 1992.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Liberty »

My worst fears have been realized though. McCain took overthe reins and the Republicans have turned left, while the Democrats are jitterery to introduce antigun legislation, The leftist Republicans have now become more emboldened. McCain and Bush enthusiastically endorse banning evil looking guns. The newly emboldened Republicans are the once writing the assault weapon bans while the Democrats are afraid to broach the subject.

The Republican party not only is not what it used to be, it isn't what many of us think. John McCain and W. Bush are more aligned with Teddy Kennedy and Nikita Khruschev than they are with Reagan or Goldwater.

Slo Wheat is looking better and better.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

drw

Post by drw »

Liberty wrote:Slo Wheat is looking better and better.
What is Slo Wheat? I've seen this term posted a few times on this board and, despite googling for information, I can't find a thing about it. What is this referring to?

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

TxD wrote:"Under democracy one party always devotes it's chief energies to prove the other party is unfit to rule - and both succeed." H.L. Menchen
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard." - also H.L. Mencken

:mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

drw wrote:
Liberty wrote:Slo Wheat is looking better and better.
What is Slo Wheat? I've seen this term posted a few times on this board and, despite googling for information, I can't find a thing about it. What is this referring to?
Slo wheat is a reference to some third party that most would concede doesn't have a chance of winning. A term Frankie the Yankee invented.

Slo Wheat could also mean The Libertarian Party
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

drw

Post by drw »

Liberty wrote:A term Frankie the Yankee invented.
I see. I don't get the reference or what it means, or how wheat and its speed has anything to do with politics, but then again... Anyway, thanks for the answer. :)

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

drw wrote:
I see. I don't get the reference or what it means, or how wheat and its speed has anything to do with politics, but then again... Anyway, thanks for the answer. :)
I wasn't clear at all. Slo Wheat could be any third party, its just a made up name to represent a third party (usually the Libertarian Party). Has nothing to do with being Slow or Wheat even. I used the term as homage to Frankie
Liberty''s Blog

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Liberty wrote:
drw wrote:
I wasn't clear at all. Slo Wheat could be any third party, its just a made up name to represent a third party (usually the Libertarian Party). Has nothing to do with being Slow or Wheat even. I used the term as homage to Frankie
I am certain lots of people wanted to do things to Frankie but personally speaking I doubt paying him homage was one of them.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Federal - 2008”