Send the 101st to DC?

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

How should the ruling be enforced?

Send the United States Marine Corps.
13%
Send the 101st. It has historical meaning.
53%
I like Ripley's answer. It's the only way to be sure.
33%

Total votes: 30

Topic author
aardwolf
Posts in topic: 1

Send the 101st to DC?

Post by aardwolf »

In the aftermath of Brown v. Board of Education, President Eisenhower deployed elements of the 101st Airborne Division to Arkansas. Why? Because Governor Faubus used the state's National Guard to prevent black students from entering Little Rock High School.

If Mayor Fenty tries to defy the District of Columbia v. Heller ruling, with a semiauto handgun ban or any other way, I think President Bush should send the 101st or the USMC to DC to face down Fenty's troops and enforce the constitution.
We're here. With gear. Get used to it.

HerbM

Re: Send the 101st to DC?

Post by HerbM »

Works for me -- and as long as they are there they can make DC safe. It is absolutely unconscionable that DC is not the safest large city in the nation, and the world -- it should be a showplace of both liberty and safety.
HerbM

Liko81

Post by Liko81 »

Well, I don't think it would go that far. They are quite simply two different scenarios; the Alabama NG was mobilized to prevent an order by preventing black kids from entering white schools. D.C. is being forced to allow registration; they're not going to arrest or otherwise prevent anyone who tries to file the paperwork, they're simply going to find ANY excuse to deny the application that they think will pass review. As the District is a Congressional district established by and directly subject to the Federal government, if the District refused to comply, either Congress or the President would have the power to impeach and remove the mayor from office and appoint an interim mayor, or simply conduct the business of the District without a mayor until elections can be organized. Now if Fenty or any of his subordinates contested THAT using any LEO or military force under their jurisdiction (I do not know if the District has a unit similar to a NG detatchment at its disposal, or if it only has the Metro PD), you'd be seeing either federal agents or military police dispatched to enforce the removal. That would make headlines of every paper in the country, for better or worse. We'd say they're removing a corrupt, insubordinate government from office; others would say the Feds are imposing their will where they have no jurisdiction and setting up puppet governments.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I'd be more in favor of sending in the Air Force to carpet bomb it. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jason73

Post by Jason73 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I'd be more in favor of sending in the Air Force to carpet bomb it. :mrgreen:
:iagree:

Couple of well placed MOABs......

Calabash-kid

Post by Calabash-kid »

quote """I'd be more in favor of sending in the Air Force to carpet bomb it.""""

Only if the president and congress are there at the time ;-)

Jerry

yerasimos

Post by yerasimos »

There is no need for military action to take care of these problems.

Washington DC: cut it off from Maryland, haul it down the Potomac and push it out to sea. (Then again, keeping it attached to Maryland, and detaching Maryland and DC together sounds like a good idea, too.)

New York City and Long Island: haul everything south of Westchester county off to sea and give them a good push toward "cool Britannia" :roll: . If you want to include Westchester county and New Jersey with this, that is fine by me, particularly if Hillary Clinton and Up-Chuck Schumer, and all their other knee-jerk anti-gun legislators go too.

Chicago: cut Chicago and its suburbs off from productive sections of Illinois, haul it up Lake Michigan, squeeze it through Mackinac Straits and donate the entire garbage heap to the Canadians. And make sure that Barack Obama is included in the donation; if he is lucky, maybe he can get elected to the Canadian Senate---and we will benefit because he will not get elected POTUS.

San Franscisco: cut it off from the rest of California and push it out to sea, along with Diane Feinstein and Gavin Newsom. Let the whole nest of bummers join the Hawai'ian secessionists, and good riddance to all of them.

Result: a lot of problems solved without a single shot fired---and plenty of jobs to go around in getting rid of the dead weight.

Mr.Scott

Post by Mr.Scott »

You think it's bad,
http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.a ... &catid=158
They denied Heller already because his 1911 is a, get this, "machine gun"
DIVIDED WE STAND, UNITED WE FALL

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Send the 12th Infantry and 3d Armored Cavalry. Talk about precedent. Remember the Bonus Army? :txflag:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWvCCxOUsM8

Return to “Federal - 2008”