Does Palin have a dark secret?

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Wrightwing
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Does Palin have a dark secret?

Post by Wrightwing »

The Daily KOS is the most vile trash on the internet. There is not a shred of truth in anything they post.
Nothing but garbage :mad5
Texas CHL Instructor
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Life Member

tx.agg.96
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tx.agg.96 »

Wrightwing wrote:The Daily KOS is the most vile trash on the internet. There is not a shred of truth in anything they post.
i agree, but this rumor seems to be picking up steam. i've heard it from a couple people now.

tbranch
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tbranch »

I hate trash reporting. I would find it hard to believe that she would have accepted with this kind of thing hanging over her. I hope this blows up in the Dems' face. All the slander will work in McCain / Palin's favor.

Tom

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 12

Post by anygunanywhere »

tx.agg.96 wrote:
Wrightwing wrote:The Daily KOS is the most vile trash on the internet. There is not a shred of truth in anything they post.
i agree, but this rumor seems to be picking up steam. i've heard it from a couple people now.
The left are masters at back door antics to try and destroy character.

They have no character and can not stand those who do.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

lrb111
Posts in topic: 3

Post by lrb111 »

http://www.polartrec.com/node/3944
Of course I had to check out the “Hottest Governor in the US” and quickly turned to see her pregnant (she has since had her baby) with bags and daughter in tote. Then it struck me as odd. Why is the Governor of Alaska in the airport and preparing to get onto my commercial flight?
stick a fork in em'
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

brianko
Banned

Post by brianko »

I'd warn against clicking the Daily KOS link if you're running Firefox. There appears to be a script that runs that seems to lock up Firefox (at least my version).

Aside from that, I think it's pretty low to try and second guess family relationships. I've known mothers-to-be that didn't show until 7 months. The entire article appears to be based upon some rather flimsy "evidence."

And really: Who cares? When I saw the thread title ("Does Palin have a dark secret?"), I was expecting something like she's actually a moll for the Brady Bunch or something truly "dark." Let's face it: We all have dark secrets. I hardly think this one (assuming it's true, which I seriously doubt) is even worthy of the thread title.
A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves. --E. Murrow
Member GOA (life), JPFO

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 12

Post by anygunanywhere »

Russell wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote: The left are masters at back door antics to try and destroy character.

They have no character and can not stand those who do.

Anygunanywhere

Don't be so general in saying the left can't stand those who have character. We've had several high ranking republican officials go down in flames lately because they seemed to have character but it turns out they don't.

I'm not quick to judge anyone, I'm just saying the evidence on that site seems convincing to me. I hope I'm wrong.
My general statement is more applicable than not because as a rule if a conservative is caught in some red faced moment they are more apt to suffer a death sentence from politics than a lefty, and there is plenty of proof of that. Ted Kennedy. Bill Clinton. I rest my case.

You might not judge, but most of those who run under the sign of the donkey can not say that.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Bart
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bart »

Let's suppose the rumor is true and she protected her daughter from paparazzi jackals. I don't know about the rest of you, but that would NOT be a character flaw in my eyes.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

lrb111
Posts in topic: 3

Post by lrb111 »

Russell, there are plenty of people that saw her in public while she was pregnant. Plus, doctors, nurses, aides etc,
I posted one account. There are plenty more.
There quite a few folks in the DU that think they have been setup to appear as fools. It would certainly be an easy enough task.

here's a link to a plane load of folks that were on the plane with her as she flew home in the late stages of labor.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/2008/apr/ ... -scrutiny/
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

drw

Post by drw »

This story has enough traction at this point, that Mrs. Palin is going to have to make a public response in order to salvage her credibility.

If this story is false, then I hope she comes out with a strong statement to that effect.

If the story is true, I'll be very disappointed.

Without new evidence, though, I think I'll believe the governor, whatever her answer is.

SCone

Post by SCone »

If this is the worst thing about Sarah (she's protecting her family) then I'll take her HANDS-DOWN over the Obama-Biden ticket. Would anyone care to start the list of questionable decisions made by these two?

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 4

Post by KD5NRH »

Not really; notice that she was still politically active until the onset of labor, yet they have *no* photos of the last month. None of the other photos really show the abdominal region very well, which is common for women who pose for a lot of photos. Show me some tight abs within 60 days of the birth, and I'll believe it.

Also, they point to a crop of this photo as evidence, but not the full photo, because in this one, not only are both of the older daughters looking a bit chubby, but the wrong one is making the "telltale" cradling gesture that Bristol is doing in the sage colored sweater photo in the article. They even admit the two photos are at least 3mo apart ("late 2007" and "March 9") but Bristol doesn't look like she's gained much in the belly. In fact, despite their "Bristol's chest is sticking out, a normal body reaction when sucking in stomach muscles." comment, her bust looks bigger in the earlier photo; if the breasts shrink at some point during the pregnancy, I'm sure my wife would like to know when. (Besides, show me a teenage girl who *doesn't* try to suck in her gut and push her chest out for photos that she knows a lot of cute guys will see.)

Here's 12-4-06, and Bristol looks a bit chubby...was she showing several months before conception, or does she just need to do a few situps?

Now, from a simple logic standpoint, notice that Sarah's belly is pretty well hidden in the above photos, but Bristol's is right out there in the open. They were clearly taken by pros, and the whole family is obviously accustomed to posing for photos, so if they're trying to hide a pregnancy, don't you think they'd rearrange a bit to get the belly out of sight?

Besides, even if it is true and mom's gone through all this hassle to avoid an abortion due to her beliefs, I just don't see that as being such a bad thing. A bit odd, but it would show strong convictions and a willingness to meet them even through personal sacrifice.

Edit to add:
Look at the lighting in this one; does the sun even get that high during the Alaskan winter? They're claiming late 2007, but the shadows on the people and the distant background indicate the primary light source is at a pretty high angle. The family is also dressed for fairly warm weather. I'm guessing this was taken long before the pregnancy would have shown at all.
Last edited by KD5NRH on Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Federal - 2008”