What to do when Obama wins?

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Liberty
Posts in topic: 7

Re: What to do when Obama wins?

Post by Liberty »

Skiprr wrote: How can America be so seduced by Obama? How?
I know the answer!! Pretty simple really.
Some people are stupid and incapable of running their lives. They want someone else to make decisions and take care them.

I've talked to many of the Obamanation, Most are incapable of following any stream of thought, Have no religion, Believe that being Gay is kewl. and Removing guns will make a safer world. One such trait of the ObamaNation is that they don't seem to hear ya when yo try to speak logically and use common sense.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Lodge2004
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lodge2004 »

Skiprr wrote:How can America be so seduced by Obama? How?
Perhaps a bit over dramatic, but the following quote seems to fit:

I think he knows what Rome is. Rome is the mob. Conjure magic for them and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. - Senator Gracchus in "The Gladiator".

Reloader

Post by Reloader »

I am afraid there will be race riots if Obama wins Or loses...
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor
Amateur radio Instructor, VE KE5LDO
Tarleton State University '74

John
Posts in topic: 6

Post by John »

Here are the key indicators from Gallup. Take note of the numbers for Race and Church Attendance. Those two have the highest spreads (other than Political Party as one might expect). How many here can say that they have ever voted for someone based on Race? I know i have not. Yet, should BHO lose, I will be accused of being racist.

http://www.gallup.com/tag/Key+Indicators.aspx
JohnC

KaiserB
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by KaiserB »

iratollah wrote:
Liberty wrote:Many of the immigrants of the 20s 30s and 40s were Jewish. Many of the the folks McCarthy persecuted were also Jewish.
What is the source for your numbers? Of the well over 5 million immigrants to the US between 1920-1944, only about 100,000 were Jewish. This is less than 2% of the total. Is this how you define many?
I think you both need to go study your history...as I am seeing much of the rhetoric of the past repeated.

Here is a simple test to get you started:

Joe McCarthy was a (Senator/Representative)?

The House Committee on Un-American Activities HUAC was a (Senate/House of Representatives) Committee?

Who kept the "Hollywood Blacklist" HUAC or McCarthy?

What is the significance of John W. McCormack, Martin Dies, Jr., and John Stephens Wood?

What was the initial purpose of HUAC?

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

KaiserB wrote:
iratollah wrote:
Liberty wrote:Many of the immigrants of the 20s 30s and 40s were Jewish. Many of the the folks McCarthy persecuted were also Jewish.
What is the source for your numbers? Of the well over 5 million immigrants to the US between 1920-1944, only about 100,000 were Jewish. This is less than 2% of the total. Is this how you define many?
I think you both need to go study your history...as I am seeing much of the rhetoric of the past repeated.

Here is a simple test to get you started:

Joe McCarthy was a (Senator/Representative)?

The House Committee on Un-American Activities HUAC was a (Senate/House of Representatives) Committee?

Who kept the "Hollywood Blacklist" HUAC or McCarthy?

What is the significance of John W. McCormack, Martin Dies, Jr., and John Stephens Wood?

What was the initial purpose of HUAC?
What have I said that is misleading? or implies that that I have a faulty understanding?
I'm not sure what your point is? I don't claim to be an expert, but I am quite sure that Joe McCarthy kept company with some real slimeballs including the Likes of Joe Kennedy, He was part of one of the most embarrassing moments of American history that persecuted folks for their beliefs. He was a drunk and died of hepatitis. While not a member of HUAC he certainly provided fuel for seperate yet parallel persecution. McCarthy never was able to support his charges of Communist within our government. He was Censored for his reckless behavior by his fellow Senators. He was a champion of political dirty tricks in his campaining for Butler against Tydings. His name will forever be tied to dirty politics and making wild unsubstantiated charges. He probably had more to do with installing a Democratic Congress and President than any other single man.

Did I leave anything out? Did I mention that he was a liar and a drunk?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Drvajeep

Post by Drvajeep »

If they start confiscating, it will be time to rise up and start using them

KaiserB
Banned

Post by KaiserB »

Liberty wrote: What have I said that is misleading? or implies that that I have a faulty understanding?
I'm not sure what your point is? I don't claim to be an expert, but I am quite sure that Joe McCarthy kept company with some real slime balls including the Likes of Joe Kennedy, He was part of one of the most embarrassing moments of American history that persecuted folks for their beliefs. He was a drunk and died of hepatitis. While not a member of HUAC he certainly provided fuel for separate yet parallel persecution. McCarthy never was able to support his charges of Communist within our government. He was Censored for his reckless behavior by his fellow Senators. He was a champion of political dirty tricks in his campaigning for Butler against Tydings. His name will forever be tied to dirty politics and making wild unsubstantiated charges. He probably had more to do with installing a Democratic Congress and President than any other single man.

I agree with you McCarthy was a real weenie, and a drunk, and a liar... However, my point was there were several dozen other players in the mix of Communist Outings, not just McCarthy. Unfortunately, Joe McC is the one who always ends up getting pounded and most people do not even realize there were several other people involved with the mess.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

KaiserB wrote:
Liberty wrote: What have I said that is misleading? or implies that that I have a faulty understanding?
I'm not sure what your point is? I don't claim to be an expert, but I am quite sure that Joe McCarthy kept company with some real slime balls including the Likes of Joe Kennedy, He was part of one of the most embarrassing moments of American history that persecuted folks for their beliefs. He was a drunk and died of hepatitis. While not a member of HUAC he certainly provided fuel for separate yet parallel persecution. McCarthy never was able to support his charges of Communist within our government. He was Censored for his reckless behavior by his fellow Senators. He was a champion of political dirty tricks in his campaigning for Butler against Tydings. His name will forever be tied to dirty politics and making wild unsubstantiated charges. He probably had more to do with installing a Democratic Congress and President than any other single man.

I agree with you McCarthy was a real weenie, and a drunk, and a liar... However, my point was there were several dozen other players in the mix of Communist Outings, not just McCarthy. Unfortunately, Joe McC is the one who always ends up getting pounded and most people do not even realize there were several other people involved with the mess.
WE speak of Joe McCarthy because he was such a focus about it, He personally got a lot of attention about it.

I believe that we are all mostly on the same page, and that we are now entering a similar era of intolerance against conesrvative thinking. It was wrong then, and will be wrong under Obama.
Liberty''s Blog

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 2

Post by HighVelocity »

Colin Powell endorces Obama. http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/19/ ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now I'm worried. :grumble
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

I just lost my respect for Colin Powell. He must have gone quite literally insane.
Byron Dickens

KaiserB
Banned

Post by KaiserB »

bdickens wrote:I just lost my respect for Colin Powell. He must have gone quite literally insane.
:iagree: I used to think Colin Powell was a great leader...it is unfortunate he has turned into a political dope. The only motivation I can think of is his disdain for GWB.

Topic author
jdm
Posts in topic: 9

Post by jdm »

I would have assumed that in his long military career, Colin Powell would have shown bravery. His endorsement of Obama, coming when Obama is ahead in the polls and the election weeks away is a sign of cowardace. He could have been brave and endorsed Obama back in the Democrat primary but didn't.

I think Powell is just angling for job in the new administration. Hopefully he will stand up to Obama better than he did to Bush when asked to lie to the UN or American public.

stroo

Post by stroo »

Powell is 71 and doesn't need a job in the Obama administration. I think a few things drove him. First, Cheney pretty much screwed Powell's son when his son was the Chairman of the FCC. There has to be some resentment there. Second, Powell may feel like Bush used him as a bit of a fall guy for Iraq. Third, Powell and Obama are blacks. There has to be a certain pride that a black man may become president and a certain feeling on solidarity. Fourth, Powell is pretty much a moderate not a conservative. Therefore Obama is probably not as far away from Powell on most issues as you might think.

What I can't understand is conservatives going for Obama. I saw a poll recently that had 20% of conservatives supporting Obama and several famous ones have gone to Obama in the last few weeks. While I can certainly understand conservatives not liking McCain, I don't, when the choice is between Obama and McCain, I don't see how a conservative comes to support Obama.

iratollah
Posts in topic: 6

Post by iratollah »

Our choices become increasingly depressing, but I cannot not vote. I'm going to make up a McCain/Biden sign for my yard.

There's only one thing scarier than an Obama presidency: http://www.palinaspresident.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Be sure to mouse over and click on the various objects, save the red phone for last.
it's socially unacceptable to be ahead of your time.
L'Olam Lo - Never Again

Return to “Federal - 2008”