What to do when Obama wins?

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 5

Re: What to do when Obama wins?

Post by anygunanywhere »

tallmike wrote:
longtooth wrote:You know, I was just a little fellow & really too young to know what was going on then but maybe, just maybe McCarthy had something right. :patriot:
This statement is disturbing enough all by itself, the fact that you put an American flag after it is perhaps more disturbing. How can anyone think that a government sponsored witch hunt for people who are not violating any law and are guilty of nothing more than expressing views that are unpopular is right or in any way American?
There is a difference between espousing unpopular views and working to advance communism to suppress democracy....at least there used to be. Ij Joe was alive today he would have Barry in front of the hearings swearing his oath on a koran er uh bible.

I take the side that agrees with Joe McCarthy. Comunism in any form is evil.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Wrightwing
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Wrightwing »

:iagree:
Read "Blacklisted by History by M. Stanton Evans" The MSM version of history is not entirely accurate.
Texas CHL Instructor
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Life Member

Liberty
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Liberty »

anygunanywhere wrote: There is a difference between espousing unpopular views and working to advance communism to suppress democracy....at least there used to be. Ij Joe was alive today he would have Barry in front of the hearings swearing his oath on a koran er uh bible.

I take the side that agrees with Joe McCarthy. Comunism in any form is evil.

Anygunanywhere
Most of the Communist outed under McCarthism were elitist acadamian types and not revolutionists. Many of the Communnist were folks who were affected by Hitlers Nazi party. To persecute people for what they believe and not for anything they have actually done is the true evil. Today these extreme leftist actually have positions of power and actually do thing which work to destroy our nation. Only difference is they have a difference is today they call themselves Progessives instead of Communist. Then we destroyed careers, today they are presidential Candidates and Speaker of the House. Back then they were idealistic acadamian joiners, Today they are actively destroying our nation.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

raccol

Post by raccol »

What happens when Obama wins?

The United States Constitution ©1791. All Rights Reserved.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil" Doug Patton

"I don't like repeat offenders; I like dead offenders." Ted Nugent

http://blowoutcongress.com/

flb_78

Post by flb_78 »

nitrogen wrote:
boomerang wrote:
jdm wrote:A gridlocked government can't spend my money and take more of my freedoms away.

Dang, that statement came back to bite us in the butt real quick to the tune of 700 billion.
http://www.AmarilloGunOwners.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KBCraig »

flb_78 wrote:
jdm wrote:A gridlocked government can't spend my money and take more of my freedoms away.
Dang, that statement came back to bite us in the butt real quick to the tune of 700 billion.
A "gridlocked government" didn't produce that $700mm bill. It was a unified government: Democrats in charge of both houses, and a Republican eager to get their support in charge of the Executive branch.

If government was gridlocked, no action would be taken.

At this stage, gridlock is the best we can hope for, since having the GOP in charge of both houses and the executive branch has proven to lead to the biggest expansion ever of the federal government.

bryang
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bryang »

nitrogen wrote:Do what I plan on doing: Doubling or tripling my donations to the NRA and TSRA.

That's your best bet.

Personally, I am giving most of the money to the TSRA now, but with Obama on the horizon, I'll probably even things out again.
:iagree: Lets not give up now, there is still time to fight with our money. I give all I can to the NRA and TSRA, they are our voice in government. We shall never give up! :patriot:

-geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

Jason73

Post by Jason73 »

I think a better question would be "What to do before Obama takes over".

At this point in the game its obvious that McCain doesnt stand a chance. (I dont think he stood a chance since day 1, but thats another story) I think by this time next year the Clintoon assault weapon ban will be law again, I think ammo will be next to impossible to buy, and I think many people will be wishing they had told Obama to keep the change.

Refering to people as "gun nuts" because they're concerned about losing their constitutional rights is a bit much dont you think? I don't doubt for one second that Obama would love to enact a complete ban mirroring the ones in Australia and UK. He has stated he favors a federal ban on concealed carry as well. Kiss those CHL's goodbye.

About the only people that I would refer to as "Gun Nuts" are the gun owners who are voting for Obama, they are definitely NUTS! "rlol"

dwhitley

Post by dwhitley »

First of all I think you all are over reacting... Obama has bigger issues to worry about and lets be honest folks... George Bush has not been all that great to America. Now I am a Republican, but I want to say this I think we should have put forth a stronger person for president. McCain is out of touch and it shows, not to mention his age. Our economy is in the tank and a Republican took us their so dont forget that. As for Obama I really dont know I am not sure he is the best for the job either, but I will say this he seems to be winning and I do think he will be the next president. But please if I am correct the federal govt cannot take away our Texas right to carry our weapons. I may be wrong, but I thought that was in the states hands. I think people are jumping on this bandwagon and its to early to tell. I would like to revisit this again in a year from now and see how old Obama is doing. Now this still does not mean you should vote for him, but I am curious to see how well people here deal with a different type of person in office... Hmmmm
Thanks David
Anyone who mentions this site gets 10% off at my store. Visit my site for more info.
http://www.nerdsforme.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KFP

Post by KFP »

Buy guns that you won't be able to buy in a few short months.
Life Member NRA & TSRA

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

KFP wrote:Buy guns that you won't be able to buy in a few short months.
I'd say this along with as many hi-cap mags as you can buy...
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

dwhitley wrote:McCain is out of touch and it shows, not to mention his age.
Well, the guy who kept pointing the finger at McCain as an old, rich white guy picked Biden as his own running mate, so what does that say about old rich white guys?

KaiserB
Banned

Post by KaiserB »

dwhitley wrote:... But please if I am correct the federal govt cannot take away our Texas right to carry our weapons. I may be wrong, but I thought that was in the states hands. I think people are jumping on this bandwagon and its to early to tell. I would like to revisit this again in a year from now and see how old Obama is doing. Now this still does not mean you should vote for him, but I am curious to see how well people here deal with a different type of person in office... Hmmmm
Should something like the 1994 AWB be proposed and passed (assumedly in the next administration)...Where would you get a 12 round magazine? How about an AR-15, or other "Assault classified" rifle?

Here are some good contemporary examples by 1994 classification:

Rifles

Folding/telescoping stock
CAR M4

Protruding pistol grip
AR-15, CAR M4

Bayonet mount
AK, AR, SKS and others

Threaded muzzle or flash suppressor
AK, AR, SKS and others

Pistols

Magazine outside grip
GLOCK or Springfield with extended grip (e.g. 11 round magazine in Springfield XD40 SC)

Threaded muzzle
HK MK 23, Wilson Combat 1911

Unloaded weight of 50 ounces or more
Large revolvers, Large Semi-Autos

Semi-automatic version of a fully automatic weapon
AR, AK, M1 Carbine, UZI, Scorpion, MP5 and the list goes on

Shotguns

Folding/telescoping stock
Mossberg 500, or other shotgun for home defense

Protruding pistol grip
Mossberg 500, or other shotgun for home defense

Fixed magazine capacity greater than 5 rounds
Mossberg 500, or other shotgun with extended tube

Any other questions???

John
Posts in topic: 6

Post by John »

Mod's Note: Contains obscene gestures in the video clip.

The party of tolerance Liberal Outrage: A Pro-McCain March In Manhattan

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=nQalRPQ8stI[/youtube]
JohnC

aardwolf
Posts in topic: 5

Post by aardwolf »

KD5NRH wrote:Well, the guy who kept pointing the finger at McCain as an old, rich white guy picked Biden as his own running mate, so what does that say about old rich white guys?
dementia?
We're here. With gear. Get used to it.

Return to “Federal - 2008”