2008 Election, early voting. Do it!

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

smokindragon
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 2008 Election, early voting. Do it!

Post by smokindragon »

Voted Tuesday Morning, machine were empty. Man I was in and out in no time. But Crowley,tx is not that big...

Happy Voting.
"WARNING: Driver only carries $20 Dollars worth of ammunition"

Springfield XD.40 subcompact
Remington 597 .22

NAA .22 Long Rifle Mini-Revolver w/holster grip

Clint- Fort Worth
Tx-CHL Holder

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

Skiprr wrote:I'd gone about 20 steps before I remembered I had something in my pocket heavier and with more metallic components than my voter registration card. Went back to the car and stowed it. :oops:
One of the more stupid restrictions, IMNSHO, especially if the polling place wouldn't otherwise be off limits.

Sarah81
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Sarah81 »

I voted today. My precinct was busy...well...by our tiny-town standards, anyway. Even though I was there shortly before lunchtime, when a good number of people are still at work, there were lines - and I had to wait for a voting machine to open up. I've never had to wait for a voting machine before.

I'm not really surprised that so many people are doing early voting in all the states that have such a thing. Get that important civic duty out of the way, then sit back and have the audacity to hope that the hype doesn't become real. :)

Topic author
HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

Very clever Sarah ;-)
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

GrillKing

Post by GrillKing »

Early voting is OK. I just LIKE to vote on election day. It's just one of those things with me, like you have to grill burgers on Independance Day. I'll stand in line on Election Tuesday and enjoy the ambiance..... Vote early or vote on Election Day, just vote!

Sarah81

Post by Sarah81 »

I've had quite a bit of time (since O. the Nut really got started) to think about things like that. Give me enough time and I can be astoundingly clever. :)

GrillKing: You're voting, so that's what counts. I just prefer early voting because it's more convenient for me. That, and I can, from this point on, tell everybody who wants to "win" my vote that I'm very sorry, but it's too late. *grin*

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Skiprr »

Sarah81 wrote:That, and I can, from this point on, tell everybody who wants to "win" my vote that I'm very sorry, but it's too late. *grin*
That, and if you choose to, you can drop a note to someone for whom you've voted and say so; and then you can mention that as an early, committed constituent, you look forward to their active support during his or her service for issue A, issue B and issue C.

IMHO, every candidate likes to hear about votes are already in the bank. ;-)
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

thankGod

Post by thankGod »

My wife and I vote early every election. We usually go separately on a weekday as we can. However this year, we went together this fine Saturday morning. The lines were so long that it took us 2 1/2 hours to get through. Loved every minute of it. I am glad to see interest so high. :patriot:
thankGod
NRA Life Member
TSRA
"Be watchful, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong." 1Cor16:13

bryang

Post by bryang »

I voted absentee today. :thumbs2: The lines were all the way out the door at the closest voting station here yesterday and today. I noticed there were a lot of elderly there and there was not much laughing and talking going on. I think everyone senses the seriousness of this election.

-geo :txflag: :patriot:
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I did. Early Monday & still had to stand in line for a little over an hour.

Give you one guess who I voted for. :patriot: :txflag:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

GrillKing wrote:Early voting is OK. I just LIKE to vote on election day. It's just one of those things with me, like you have to grill burgers on Independance Day. I'll stand in line on Election Tuesday and enjoy the ambiance..... Vote early or vote on Election Day, just vote!
I understand where you are comming from. I prefer to vote on election day because I need the time to figure out all the rest of the candidates. (PSSSST there are other races besides the presidential race) I voted early this year though because I knew it would be difficult to get to the polls on time on election day.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Hyunchback

Post by Hyunchback »

I'm happy to report that I have cast my vote as of this morning. :patriot:

No line to speak of, just one person at the precinct table I had to go to ahead of me. It's a cold morning in the Hill Country but none of the tables were empty and many had multiple people sitting and voting during the time I was there. Pretty good considering this is the 2nd week. :txflag:

We are sort of old-fashioned here. Paper ballot that gets scanned. Mine had to go through the scanner 3 times before the scanner finally agreed to take it. Now, maybe that means I got 3 votes? I got to cancel out THREE Obama voters? :evil2:
What is Project One Million: Texas?
The "Project" is a grassroots effort to increase the number of Texans who are members of the National Rifle Association from 250.000 to 1,000,000.
http://www.projectonemilliontexas.com/

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Vote early and vote often.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

Voted today during lunch.

Took my son with me.

It took longer than I had hoped. Lunch time in a location near down town Houston. They had the lines set up like Astro World. You could not see the how long the line was from where we started.

They had at least 6 tables to check id's, and plenty of voting machines.

The line moved quickly.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

TxDrifter

Post by TxDrifter »

I voted early as well. Good thing too since I fly out of town on Monday morning. There was not a line, but they had a steady flow of people all day from talking to them. Of course, I live in Grimes County, so not near as busy as Montgomery and Harris are likely to be. They did mention to let everyone I know in our district to vote early as they are already showing record turnouts.

:patriot: :txflag:
USAF Veteran
Lifetime NRA Member
Do or do not, there is no try.
For those who fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

Return to “Federal - 2008”