Just curious

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Just curious

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

I was on the phone with a couple of firearms manufacturers this morning. When I asked them if they were staying pretty busy currently they both answered that were seeing just what they thought would happen... a great deal of "panic buying".

I personally don't think it's time to crown (intentional use of the word crown) Obama as president yet, but it did get me thinking...

I am just wondering where we would be at this stage of the election if all of the people who are "panick buying" would have donated some of that money to the McCain campaign a few weeks ago instead.

I know the issues would still be the issues and the candidates would still be "the evil one" and "the lesser of two evils but much better than the other guy"

Opinions?
Last edited by ScubaSigGuy on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

Russell Bear

Re: Just curious

Post by Russell Bear »

ScubaSigGuy wrote:I am just wondering where we would be at this stage of the election all of the people who are "panick buying" would have donated some of that money to the McCain campaign a few weeks ago instead.

Opinions?
Probably the same place we are today. The media would still be out of control.
Springfield XD40 Subcompact
10/03/08 CHL class by Karen Rabe
10/07/08 Mailed Certified Application to DPS
10/11/08 Recieved Confirmation in Mail
10/15/08 DPS Posted Personal Check
11/06/08 PIN Recieved by e-mail
***Waiting****
02/14/2009 Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

This is the first Presidential election I've ever witnessed that had only one candidate running.
Byron Dickens

sivart-dod

Post by sivart-dod »

ScubaSigGuy wrote:
I know the issues would still be the issues and the candidates would still be "the evil one" and "the lesser of two evils but much better than the other guy"

Opinions?
Is there really a "lesser of two evils"? I believe regardless of the president there is still a hidden agenda. I dont like either of them, but if I HAD TO VOTE it would be for McCain simply for the support of the 2nd Amendment.
Russell Bear wrote:
:iagree:

bdickens wrote:This is the first Presidential election I've ever witnessed that had only one candidate running.
You might as well not call it an election but a shoe in, instead.

cwood3

Post by cwood3 »

I'm not sure I'm comfortable using my hard-earned money to support a political endeavor that is noted for exhorbatant spending and luxuries that will never trickle back to us commoners. Not pointing a finger at either party (Go McCain). I honestly believe that we are controlled by the media and that no amount of common-man self scarifice will make a noticable difference. I don't mind seeing panick-buying. I want gun manufacturers to be successful. I want gun related industries to thrive. And I want more citizens to responsibly own and operate firearms. Look at what it costs to do these theatrical antics that we assume are campaigns. I say give each man a choo-choo train, let him whistle stop around the country for a month or so and let us vote so that it counts. I can get to a poll and so can most folks these days. We don't need the electoral college like we did back in the day when it was concieved.

"I'm CW the Engineer, and I approved this message."
CHL Class - August 2
DPS Receives - August 11
Processing App.....
November 12......Processing App
November 26 - Will Slit Wrists

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

Russell Bear wrote:
ScubaSigGuy wrote:I am just wondering where we would be at this stage of the election all of the people who are "panick buying" would have donated some of that money to the McCain campaign a few weeks ago instead.

Opinions?

“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.” Malcolm X

This is so true. The media has been very biased for Obama and the sheeple have followed.
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

aardwolf

Post by aardwolf »

Money is nice but votes win elections.
We're here. With gear. Get used to it.

Return to “Federal - 2008”