Rossi R95 Lever-Action

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
dlh
Posts in topic: 1

Rossi R95 Lever-Action

Post by dlh »

Today I picked up a Rossi R95 lever-action in 30-30 at my local gun store. I think it is based off the Marlin design.

Got it mainly for sentimental reasons as the first deer I shot when I was 15 was with my dad's 30-30 which was later stolen out of his house when I was off to college.

Did not have any lever-actions in my collection either so now have one. May eye the more expensive Henrys down the road also.

The R95 comes with good reviews from Youtube and is well worth checking out!
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Rafe

Re: Rossi R95 Lever-Action

Post by Rafe »

Because coincidences are all around us, a few hours before you posted yesterday I got this in email from Brownells: https://www.brownells.com/promotions/contest/.

One week left to register for a tricked-out version of your Rossi. I have no lever action rifles, so with the odds about like being struck by lightning on the day you win the Power Ball lottery, I just had to enter. :mrgreen:

Congrats on the new purchase!
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I have looked at the Rossi several times. Only problem is if I add another rifle, I will have to get either and additional gun safe or a larger one :drool: . I picked up a Savage 99 a few years ago from Gunbroker to replace the one my brother "borrowed" and pawned and lost. As of now, it's the only lever action I have.
Let me know how you like it. In the meantime I will try to convince my CFO that I really need it :mrgreen:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Congratulations on your new lever gun! Please let us know how it performs and a review of the quality would be appreciated if you would be so kind.
The only Rossi I own is a vintage copy of a Model 62/62A Winchester pump .22 rifles. It doesn't compare in quality to the two Winchester 62A's I have, but it functions flawlessly with S, L, and LR cartridges. It was made before Taurus acquired Rossi.
Caution: You may come down with a case of Leveritis"!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

I got my R95 in 45LC to use for Cowboy Shooting (black powder loads). It is a lot of fun to shoot and has been quite accurate in that venue.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”