How long until the price gouging stops?

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Mr.Scott
Posts in topic: 3

How long until the price gouging stops?

Post by Mr.Scott »

Just stopped by Bullet Trap and they are trying to sell USGI 30 round mags for $40. They have a ton of them but no one is buying.

Hopefully the dealers that were sitting on stuff in anticipation for price gouging loose out. I've had mixed results with Bullet Trap and unless I need a holster I won't be shopping there anymore.
DIVIDED WE STAND, UNITED WE FALL

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How long until the price gouging stops?

Post by longhorn_92 »

Mr.Scott wrote:Just stopped by Bullet Trap and they are trying to sell USGI 30 round mags for $40. They have a ton of them but no one is buying.

Hopefully the dealers that were sitting on stuff in anticipation for price gouging loose out. I've had mixed results with Bullet Trap and unless I need a holster I won't be shopping there anymore.
Hopefully everyone will remember the rip-off artists and refuse to service their places...

Just say NO! :nono: :nono: :nono:
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Topic author
Mr.Scott

Post by Mr.Scott »

I typically look through all the guns there, check out what's on the used wall, go through accessories and see if anything tells me to go home with it. As soon as I saw the mag pricing I turned around and left.

Went down to Gun Master and they had inflated prices on the same mags, but they were $10 less than Bullet Trap. Still high, but I like the guys at Gun Master and gave them a pass as they haven't also jacked the prices up on the actual AR's.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Post election opportunistic panic, perhaps? :headscratch

Our local WalMart was out of .45 acp and 9mm ammo on election day. :leaving

Praise the Lord and pass the ammo or...er, uh ... the rocks or something - please hurry. :fire

:txflag:

135boomer

Post by 135boomer »

Order direct from CProducts. The company owner is a viet vet so I'll bet he knows AR mags well. I have read nothing but good reports on other forums. 30 round teflon coated aluminum are $11.50. I just ordered 6.

http://www.cproductsllc.com/shop/produc ... ucts_id=48" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Viet Vet

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flintknapper »

longhorn_92 wrote:
Mr.Scott wrote:Just stopped by Bullet Trap and they are trying to sell USGI 30 round mags for $40. They have a ton of them but no one is buying.

Hopefully everyone will remember the rip-off artists and refuse to service their places...

Just say NO! :nono: :nono: :nono:

Yup!

Just say NO!
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

135boomer wrote:Order direct from CProducts. The company owner is a viet vet so I'll bet he knows AR mags well. I have read nothing but good reports on other forums. 30 round teflon coated aluminum are $11.50. I just ordered 6.

http://www.cproductsllc.com/shop/produc ... ucts_id=48" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the link.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Sarah81

Post by Sarah81 »

"My" guy, out here in the middle of nowhere, sold me an AR the day after the election...for the retail price in the Rock River catalog, plus tax. He was unhappy because he'd been hearing that some shops in the Metroplex area were already starting to gouge people. So...I'll be going back to this gentleman's shop in the future - I'm sure that he won't mind returning customers. Or being recommended to the rest of my family. :)

Topic author
Mr.Scott

Post by Mr.Scott »

Sarah81 wrote:"My" guy, out here in the middle of nowhere, sold me an AR the day after the election...for the retail price in the Rock River catalog, plus tax. He was unhappy because he'd been hearing that some shops in the Metroplex area were already starting to gouge people. So...I'll be going back to this gentleman's shop in the future - I'm sure that he won't mind returning customers. Or being recommended to the rest of my family. :)
At least there are still good people out there that understand customer loyalty is the key to success.
A buddy of mine picked up an AR pistol in Forney today for the normal everyday pre-election price. Though we bought him out of Pmags earlier this week. I'll be giving this guy my business before I give it to Bullet Trap.

j_dock2

Post by j_dock2 »

More like Wallet Trap, sounds like. :smilelol5:

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

I've been going to the bullet trap since I got here. AFter I saw their gouging, I left my membership card on their table and walked off.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

Sarah81 wrote:"My" guy, out here in the middle of nowhere, sold me an AR the day after the election...for the retail price in the Rock River catalog, plus tax. He was unhappy because he'd been hearing that some shops in the Metroplex area were already starting to gouge people. So...I'll be going back to this gentleman's shop in the future - I'm sure that he won't mind returning customers. Or being recommended to the rest of my family. :)
I'd love to give the guy some business, espically if he sells uppers.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

Then the market is working, and no one is being gouged.

Vic303

Post by Vic303 »

According to my better half, Dury (Drury?) guns in Houston area IIRC, is now offering DPMS stripped lowers for $369. Yes, STRIPPED lowers.

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

KBCraig wrote:
Then the market is working, and no one is being gouged.
Absolutely right!

30 round mags are hardly an "essential item", there is no real emergency/need at hand, and the item is available from other vendors.

Clearly NOT "price gouging" by definition. The market will or will not bear his price.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”