Pictures of your "Black Guns"

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

markthenewf
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Pictures of your "Black Guns"

Post by markthenewf »

Not really new, and is more grey than black, but...

Installed Magpul Hunter 700 stock on my SPS. Haven't had a range trip yet.
Cheers!

Mark

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Scott B. »

New family member. The Beretta doesn't quite know what to think.

FN SLP, 18" 12 ga. semi-auto.

LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

jason812
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jason812 »

Scott B. wrote:New family member. The Beretta doesn't quite know what to think.

The SLP is on my list, the same model.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

jason812 wrote:

I confess to be being pretty pleased with it. ;-) Did order a Nordic charging handle for something a little beefier to grab onto. Decided not to change the bolt release.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Scott B. wrote:
jason812 wrote:

I confess to be being pretty pleased with it. ;-) Did order a Nordic charging handle for something a little beefier to grab onto. Decided not to change the bolt release.
That would be the upgrade I would make and maybe their plus 1 cap if it doesn't extend past the barrel. The mag tube looks bigger in diameter than the barrel. Do you have a way to measure the tube? Too bad I am probably a few years away from getting one, I really like the SLP.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

jason812 wrote:
Scott B. wrote:
jason812 wrote:

That would be the upgrade I would make and maybe their plus 1 cap if it doesn't extend past the barrel. The mag tube looks bigger in diameter than the barrel. Do you have a way to measure the tube? Too bad I am probably a few years away from getting one, I really like the SLP.
That's a sleeve over the real mag tube, forward of the foregrip. It does make it look a lot beefier. Secures the foregrip with tension from the end cap.

hstexan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by hstexan »

Very first AR build from about 6-7 years ago:

Sold the upper and kept the lower and KAC BUIS and built my own upper the way I wanted--this is how it sits now because I poached the BUIS to put on my new build. It's had a Trijicon SRS and Aimpoint T1, but now with the new build this one will be getting a 1-4/6x of some sort . Specs on the build are:

14.5" BCM BFH upper
AAC 51T flash hider (perm attached)
13.8" Wilson Combat T.R.I.M.
Wilson Combat Lo-Profile gas block
AXTS Raptor CH
AGP Arms Lower
Daniel Defense LPK
LaRue APEG
BAD-ASS Ambi Safety
Magpul CTR

Newest one is essentially an AXTS MI-T556S 10.5" pistol--I purchased the lower 5 or so years ago and was sitting on it waiting for AXTS to release their matching upper that was in the works for so long. It was/is supposed to be my absolute no expense dream build...it'll eventually get F1'd into an SBR, but for now it's a pistol. Purchased the upper a couple months ago right after AXTS announced their rebranding to Radian Weapons to ensure I could still get an AXTS marked upper to match the lower. Only differences between my gun and a direct from them factory gun are that I'm running a JP Silent Captured Spring instead of traditional buffer and spring and I've got a special numbered LaRue MBT that I won in a giveaway instead of their AR Gold trigger (though one is getting purchased anyway to round it out). Only thing I've added since this picture is an AXTS MRO mount--MRO is the last thing and it'll be done until it does the NFA wait.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Added a new member to my little SBR family. Pictured bottom, a Sig Sauer MCX 'Virtus' 11.5" in 5.56. Definitely a new favorite.

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Scott B. wrote:Added a new member to my little SBR family. Pictured bottom, a Sig Sauer MCX 'Virtus' 11.5" in 5.56. Definitely a new favorite.

How do you like the MCX, and how would you compare it to the Scorp (outside of the obvious caliber difference)? I've got the EVO 3 S1, and love it. I thought it would satiate my desire for a PCC SBR, but I still find myself eyeing the MCX / MPX.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

pbwalker wrote: How do you like the MCX, and how would you compare it to the Scorp (outside of the obvious caliber difference)? I've got the EVO 3 S1, and love it. I thought it would satiate my desire for a PCC SBR, but I still find myself eyeing the MCX / MPX.
Love the MCX but there's no comparison w/ the Scorpion like there could be with an MPX. The Scorpion is pure fun. The MCX is business fun. :cool:

MPXs are nice. Thought a LOT about picking one up, but at double the Scorpion price it's not twice the gun. Course if a good deal falls into my lap I'm not going to say no.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”